Artex fail

Members online

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Never understand people who think they know better then a manufacturer the reason you plaster on pva when it’s tacky is because it’s less likely to fail on the substrate if you want to be a chancer and do it the day before to save a bit of time it will do nothing but bite you in the arse ..... and to any one who says they have been doing it like this for years your time will come or you probably don’t do enough so that’s why you are winging it!

Never understand people who think they know better then a manufacturer the reason you plaster on pva when it’s tacky is because it’s less likely to fail on the substrate if you want to be a chancer and do it the day before to save a bit of time it will do nothing but bite you in the arse ..... and to any one who says they have been doing it like this for years your time will come or you probably don’t do enough so that’s why you are winging it!
I disagree with everything you said there mate.

I disagree with everything you said there mate.
You can disagree with what you like but the facts are as followed from unibond.....The best time to start plastering is when the walls are still quite tacky . This provides a good key and bonds with the plaster at a stronger rate because it dries at the same time.
It’s a fact not an opinion!

Don't argue with "facts" because some one said it so it must be true.
Has it ever crossed your mind that unibond has most probably product tested millions of times and the is a reason why they tell you to do this if you was spose to skim on it dry it would say PAINT ON THE DAY BEFORE PLASTER WHEN DRY just like most gritt does.
It effects the key and drying rate - higher risk of failure

Plastered countless jobs onto dry pva only time it’s failed on me is this ceiling with a hole in the roof above . all spreads have different ways of doing things next time I’ll think “what would lime Plastering do?”:ROFLMAO:

Plastered countless jobs onto dry pva only time it’s failed on me is this ceiling with a hole in the roof above . all spreads have different ways of doing things next time I’ll think “what would lime Plastering do?”:ROFLMAO:
That’s why I try to stick to the lime too many cowboys in the run of the mill stuff are you one of those guys who doesn’t put a key in the bonding as well or always has a bucket of dirty water in there van to dope the gear dry pva any thing for a early shift!!!

That’s why I try to stick to the lime too many cowboys in the run of the mill stuff are you one of those guys who doesn’t put a key in the bonding as well or always has a bucket of dirty water in there van to dope the gear dry pva any thing for a early shift!!!
No mate far from it! Don’t even do domestic work it bores the life out of me, I’m a site monkey. Done this as a favour for family member for absolute peanuts and he’s being unreasonable imo

But agree 100% too many plonkers about in the run of the mill stuff willing to work for £100 - £150 a day not for me quoting up jobs against them lot that’s why I do site

Has it ever crossed your mind that unibond has most probably product tested millions of times and the is a reason why they tell you to do this if you was spose to skim on it dry it would say PAINT ON THE DAY BEFORE PLASTER WHEN DRY just like most gritt does.
It effects the key and drying rate - higher risk of failure
If the pva has dried by the time you have mixed up it will likely need another coat.
If it is still soaking wet and dripping, then wait till it's "tacky" That is all you need to know about pva.