Are you lads busy?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 7 days a week just now but its up and down all the time, famine and feast. Don't turn anything away so squeeze everything in where i can.

7 days a week,your canny hungry stuart little.............:RpS_cool:

my phone been quite a little at mo but got a bit on with local property firm so just ticking over but we all no it can change ether way at any time so i always looking whats about seeing if any extensisions going up etc always stick a card though door when i do been crap round Mansfield for a while now though lot of sparks, brickies i know work in warehouses now its a shame most of em are good lads to but what can ya do when u got mouths to feed ya take what ever job there is to get coin in house

Busy busy at the mo, but I've teamed up with a spread mate and we've got each of our builder contacts keeping us both going.

Frightened of turning stuff down in case it dries up....

I think it depends on where you are in the country, and how well you market yourself. oh and obviously how good or s**t you are.
Not everyone's in the same boat, and its not the same everywhere.
Totally agree airborne, plus I think networking with business contacts and a good reputation will definitely help to carry you forward through tough times. I've been steady for a while but have hit a lull just now, something will turn up though, it always does.

Had last week of job cancelled only time of this year, just seen this months forecast wet for thefirst two weeks then frosts got loads of brickwork coming up but have been offered 1000 linear metres of D&D which will keep me inside for a while.

cant be doing with people who think coz they re are busy people who aint must be sh1t or lazy.
ive worked for many a spread who has no right to be working never mind giving it to others.there is no rhyme or reason sometimes as to who is and isnt busy.

I seem to have plenty of work TILING POOLS AND STUFF, at the moment but then i will travel anywhere for work ,hang in there if its rough at the mo,as the christmas rush in just coming !!!.........

I have never been so busy, up at 7 for a bit of day break then its Jeremy Kyle ,then on to the wright stuff ,after that some repeats of pawn stars and storage wars closely followed by Loose Women . this takes me into the afternoon where its all go channel surfing till 4 util Deal or no Deal .Gawd i never felt so knackered.:RpS_unsure:

I have never been so busy, up at 7 for a bit of day break then its Jeremy Kyle ,then on to the wright stuff ,after that some repeats of pawn stars and storage wars closely followed by Loose Women . this takes me into the afternoon where its all go channel surfing till 4 util Deal or no Deal .Gawd i never felt so knackered.:RpS_unsure:

daytime television that will do your brain in !

Prices have crashed round here, getting plenty of calls but turning them away.

Re-training to do mono & ewi ect ect, not fussed about skimming again at the moment while the prices like this.

Airborne, agree slightly but everyone no matter where you are, is taking a hit on the internal work.

And I say that because every plasterer iv spoke to in the last four yrs either moans or can't look you square in the face when they say their busy, pulled out and earning shitloads

i agree not everyone can be busy, but out of all the lads struggling how many are paying for good ads, have website they update, have a good van or have tried various netwoking.How many people have taken up my advice on self dealing isa with the taxmoney you put away.

iv prety much always been busy since working for myself but i put it more down to who i know and work for than how good i am or arent. 90% of my work came through either small builders and larger internal fitout contractors. then a couple of plumber/painter mates, and a little bit of domestic. and also some mono contractors. if you know a lot of people to go with a reasonable reputation it gives you a much better chance. and also being prepared to travel. you meet a lot of people who say iv got sod all on that wont drive more than 15 mins to work

You're a clever lad figure it out mr perfect bloke who lives in a perfect world lol
Your sounding a little bitter there Spunks.
My point was if you dont advertise you narrow your chances of work. If your s**t you get no work. And if live in a part of the country thats been hit harder by the recesion youll struggle for work.
Theres loads of posts on this thread similar to mine, get over it.

Really I thought you said if youre quiet you don't know how to run a business oh and you're s**t .....and don't worry I wont loose any sleep on it I love reading some of the replies on here lol

I know a lot of lads who are flat out and don't have to advertise you could say some plasterers have to advertise because there err not err very good

i agree not everyone can be busy, but out of all the lads struggling how many are paying for good ads, have website they update, have a good van or have tried various netwoking.How many people have taken up my advice on self dealing isa with the taxmoney you put away.

i do that with the isa, with my corporation tax so i get 4% on my tax money for doing nowt.

I think not all plasterers are business minded, some lads just want to turn up do a fair days graft for a fair days pay. Come Friday
pick there wages up and they are happy at that. I think what Nick says is also very true in this game. when you are self employed you have to keep sowing seeds all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.