Apprentice wages

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie

hey all haven't been on for a while hope everyone's good, an liking new forum by the way. I've gone and opened a post for an apprentice from scratch, first year. Problem is I've no idea what The rates are these days. I will want to put him through tech so will obviously be speaking to them for guidance and what's what but Im just curious what u guys think. For first year second and third taking into account he will be getting something through tech.

hey all haven't been on for a while hope everyone's good, an liking new forum by the way. I've gone and opened a post for an apprentice from scratch, first year. Problem is I've no idea what The rates are these days. I will want to put him through tech so will obviously be speaking to them for guidance and what's what but Im just curious what u guys think. For first year second and third taking into account he will be getting something through tech.

hello @pixie

thanks for the kind words :)

We got a few more changes with the forum coming as well which will make it sleeker :)

Pay them what they are worth.
If they are only trowelling and not mixing or laying on then they arent worth much.
But likewise if they are mixing and laying on and finishing then they are worth more.
Own car , tools and on the job 1st everyday and reliable when the s**t work is on , then they are a keeper and pay them well.
Dont agree with this £30 a week shite either , that would make you a master with slave labour

yeah i started on £25 a day :)
Some of the contractors take the lads on and pay them that a week as they are not legally obliged to pay them anything.
Cost you money to work , sign of the times for the young

Must have been a different scheme to me then, I remember vividly having to go into the cashier at the bank to draw the odd 9-50 out as the atm only dispensed tenners! [emoji23]

£2 14d .[ that was old pence] for a 42.5 hour week, 8 hours a day then a sat morning, 1963.
a plasterer would have been paid about £20 per week. they always left a little bit of work on a friday so they could get a sat. morning booked.

Si what is a labourers startING wage in 2015?

Apprentice wage £2.73ph £21.84 a day, paid for when in college as well, going up to £3.30 in October.

Labourers wages minimum wage until they start to pick things up, if they prep and clean and you want for nothing then up north at least I would pay £60-£70 a day less CIS.

Realistically though if a labbys that good I would want him on a trowel..

I pay my apprentice 40 a day as he grafts his ass off and he is pretty good at picking things up if we have a really good week and he puts the hours in I give him more some days I have give him 80 nit bad for 17

I got £1500 for him after 13 weeks from citb and get grants every 13 weeks.

End of the day if there worth it pay them more than the going rate, I told him if he s**t one day or comes in hungover he gets going rate so he all ways on the ball, as it has happened once and he didn't like getting 20 for the day haha

I started on 60 a week can't remember what year. We must be the lucky ones. Going by some of the posts on here u now have to pay GOLD trowel 2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.