Anyone wear a fitbit while plastering?

Members online

cornsack

Just curious. I often wonder how many calories one burns on a day of skimming, anyone?

It's days like this are when I'm most interested. You know, those days when you're covering an artex ceiling that was near your size limit anyway and it's 28 degrees from 10am onwards.

Those kind of days.

Though not if you live up north, in Wales, Scotland or NI, you wouldn't know about that kind of heat

I wear an Apple Watch. Just get some decent covers for it and it’s fine. Handy for reading messages and taking calls as you work.

Just curious. I often wonder how many calories one burns on a day of skimming, anyone?

It's days like this are when I'm most interested. You know, those days when you're covering an artex ceiling that was near your size limit anyway and it's 28 degrees from 10am onwards.

Those kind of days.

Though not if you live up north, in Wales, Scotland or NI, you wouldn't know about that kind of heat
When sweat starts to drip down my arse crack in this weather that's when I know im making this hit my last for the day

Wife got me one of amazon . Not a fit bit . Think it was about 50 quid . It's been covered in skim and I forgot to take it off for Bath. Was still working fine till I some how lost it.

What cover do you recommend?
Cheapo Chinese but work great.

And screen protector

I got a garmin fenix 5
Had a fit bit originally but they are crap
Cover mine with old socks (cut the foot part off use the ankle part) but still needs washing the watch after work for dust
Says I did 3500 calories today but 2000 of them was not at work??
282DA9AF-EE67-4D38-8C69-171F5814EEE4.jpeg

Ive got an ankle strap for my fitbit... Very accurate as if you wear it on your wrist it measures your arm movements and not your steps... I found if i was carrying stuff it did register....

Had one of the old fitbit few years ago now the ones that were like a bracelet and a tint screen. Used to smash my daily steps talking like 50k in a day. Turns out when i were on the kango the vibration was making the watch count steps.

I wear an amazfit watch. very nice to track and also heart rate is quite useful to try ansd slow the exhaustion down

Yeah from what I understand you need one that takes your heart rate for a half decent reading. Otherwise it doesn't know if your taking normal steps or sweaty bum steps.

I don't think I want to shell out for one myself, all I am curious about is the guys that have one, how many calories are we burning on an average day skimming?

@Vincey, @Rossi46, @Danny, anyone else, how many calories are you clocking on a normal (or hard!) days plastering?

Yeah from what I understand you need one that takes your heart rate for a half decent reading. Otherwise it doesn't know if your taking normal steps or sweaty bum steps.

I don't think I want to shell out for one myself, all I am curious about is the guys that have one, how many calories are we burning on an average day skimming?

@Vincey, @Rossi46, @Danny, anyone else, how many calories are you clocking on a normal (or hard!) days plastering?
Some times according garmin 3500avg

Wife got me one of amazon . Not a fit bit . Think it was about 50 quid . It's been covered in skim and I forgot to take it off for Bath. Was still working fine till I some how lost it.
When you say 'lost it', you actually mean you threw it in the river because it telling you what a lazy, fat c**t you are, yes?

The electricians have been on site for the last month. I'd need a tyre pressure gauge never mind a fit bit!

It's a nonsensical question as everyone's calorie burn is based on height, weight and fitness levels so what person a burns has no relation to what person b does when doing the same activity.
Your calorie burn won't be massively different on a hard day's skimming to a regular day's work.

It's a nonsensical question as everyone's calorie burn is based on height, weight and fitness levels so what person a burns has no relation to what person b does when doing the same activity.
Your calorie burn won't be massively different on a hard day's skimming to a regular day's work.

Everyone's an extremist these days. You could say its got zero relevance so is completely nonsensical.

Or you could just say that the relevance is somewhat limited and will vary.

That was kind of the whole point of the question. It's interesting to see what the range is and what different people are burning while doing the same job ....

Not sure how my answer makes me an extremist tbh but OK.

I'm 6ft4 230lbs and pretty lean. I play futsal once a week and kickboxing twice. I lift weights 5 days a week and eat well.
I've been plastering 20 years.
On a hard days skimming I'll burn 3700 - 4200 calories.
On a regular days skimming I'll burn 3500-4000
I use a Huawei gt and sync that with my Huawei scales.
I eat 3250 calories a day and drink what I want 4 nights a week.
My weight stays the same.

Not sure how my answer makes me an extremist tbh but OK.

I'm 6ft4 230lbs and pretty lean. I play futsal once a week and kickboxing twice. I lift weights 5 days a week and eat well.
I've been plastering 20 years.
On a hard days skimming I'll burn 3700 - 4200 calories.
On a regular days skimming I'll burn 3500-4000
I use a Huawei gt and sync that with my Huawei scales.
I eat 3250 calories a day and drink what I want 4 nights a week.
My weight stays the same.
But I’m not that serious about it!!!