Anyone used Izonil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I've been asked to price a job which has had an Izonil backing coat used as tanking. The house has been bought at auction so I don't know who has done it or when it was done. All the walls on the ground floor have been knocked off up to 1 metre then covered with Izonil and keyed with a scratching comb.
From what I can tell, this system is designed to be done in one go with the backing coats built up 10mm at a time then a skim coat put on straight after with the same stuff, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick that is!
The suppliers (Travis Perkins) tell me I can use ordinary multi finish on it but I'm sceptical as it's supposed to be a breathable system. It looks too rough to skim straight onto so in an ideal world I would put a thin coat of bonding on before skimming but what products can I use?
Any help is much appreciated!

I looked into using this awhile ago, it's expensive gear so didn't bother using that but as you say it's a breathable backing so yes an gypson product will seal it..

But tbh it's shouldn't matter to much as its only a dpc at ground level so should stop rising damp, if you are concerned then maybe use a skim like limelight finish?

IMO I wouldn't give 2 Fcks they have had the backing done and asked you to skim it so just put in your disclaimers and get it skimmed :)

L
I looked into using this awhile ago, it's expensive gear so didn't bother using that but as you say it's a breathable backing so yes an gypson product will seal it..

But tbh it's shouldn't matter to much as its only a dpc at ground level so should stop rising damp, if you are concerned then maybe use a skim like limelight finish?

IMO I wouldn't give 2 Fcks they have had the backing done and asked you to skim it so just put in your disclaimers and get it skimmed :)
Limelite finish is like rocking horse poo!three different travis perkins I rang up and said they had it in stock when I arrived they either didn't have it or it was out of date by over a year,wasted a full day looking for it:tonto:

Status
Not open for further replies.