Anyone know about, and if/where grey finishing plaster can be purchased?

Members online

rich1983

Customer is looking for a float and set but due to the nature of the building (really old) she wants the plaster to look like the old stuff and she plans to seal it and not paint it to give a rustic feel.

Anything spring to mind? Any significant cons to said plan of applying a clear sealant over it? The lady is sealing some brickwork internally for the same aesthetic and assumes the same is fine for plaster... But I don't know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Grey gypsum came from oop north and was the colour of all finish and backing plasters in Liverpool and Manchester Back in the 90,s when i worked around there .Don't know about now though.

Thistle spray finish is grey mate, more of a light grey when dry , can be hand applied too but you'd have to order by the pallet not single bag sale item , or you could use dura finish that's a similar grey and is a single bag item at most merchants

IMG_0175.JPG

The ceiling is dried out the walls were just completed

when this type of finish is required we use thistle universal, and seal it with lux soap flakes polished with lambs wool. the soap flakes can be cleaned off with warm water at a later date if need be.

Gyprock skimcoat is grey in the same way that multifinish is pink.

The norm in Ireland - I wasn't too sure about it at first so found multi which amazed people when they saw it go on. But sure enough, when I did have to use it, it's exactly the same as multi, just grey.

Dunno how available it is in UK though.

126063-skimcoat.jpg