anyone got a m tech mono mix?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most the time Granty boy its not even the machines fault. its the guy using it has made a mistake. If your man mixed a batch up for you too wet who's fault would it be ? The person mixing it or the mega mixer ?
Fair point well made. I bet i'd be quicker adding some powder and giving it a whirl to sort it out than you would with a machine problem though.

Well I half agree.

When they run run well and I look back at all that hand balling and think f*!k that! but when they don't run well I sometimes wish if i was fit enough I was back to the Belle mixer and lab carrying it up.

Whats a worry now is the coming months getting colder. I used to put loads of hurry up in and done before dark but now that stuff buggers the water works up is it back to the Belle mixer then chuck it in the Ritmo as a conveyor?
Water butt and add accelerator. Easy as

we do a Full ritmo M smart package for £ 4,495. plus vat. Thats a mixing pump in 230v that will mix and spray anything that goes through a machine

The ritmo is ideal for small /average rendering jobs.
Also mono jobs of all sizes.last mono job I was putting 50-70 bags through most days with ease.

No the skim package is a further £1,200.00 plus vat. personally i would just use the basic set up first and later decide if you need extras.

Choosing a machine can be summarised by what type of work you do. How much you want to do a day when the works there and how many of you are available to finish the plaster or render you put on.

The Ritmo is sized perfectly for domestic work like rendering and can also be used on sites to do the same thing. Its perfect for 1+1 even on sites and great for 2+1 . as you all get used to the spraying system you will find it a bit slower on new builds where its going on thick, that said its much quicker than by hand and if your on sites pumping monocouche in a 2+1 gang daily the G4 3 phase is more suited.

A refurb house usually consists of 100-200 bags. you put primer on, then usually 2 passes of monocouche or 1 base coat and 1 monocouche, a thin coat mesh base coat etc etc. The ritmo mixes and pumps out the right amount for this type of work.

If you have a new build crop up then you will be going onto new block, the machine is still up for the task and will put the same amount of meters on as you can finish. If you got 50 mts to do then it will take you bout 2.5 hrs if you spray rule and spat yourself, You can improve on that time by having a site labourer fill the machine for a hour and a half or use an extension hopper and get the Lab to spray.

If you work with just a labourer then a 3 phase or diesel is not suitable for you, the larger size of machine means you need more men to move it which will cost you and more people to help you run it which will cost you. now you have gone from a 1+1 gang to someone who employs. Now you must find the work to keep the hired help around. Now the machine is dictating what you do.

The flip side is that you remain a 1+1 and when a job comes up you will go get the diesel or 3 phase machine plus generator plus pipes etc and set it all up. Slowly you will decide that "we will put this one on by hand" and the machine stays put earning you sweet FA . Its not realistic to carry so much equipment around on a regular basis,

a small mixing pump that you can plug straight in is by far the best option for a plasterer who advertises

I dont like any of it. The kit works well the system is flawed.
The material sets the same time as a hand applied product. Whats the point putting it on faster?
You have to trowel it by hand 4 more times and only when its ready to trowel.
The more you apply the longer the set takes.
Wait till they have a material that takes 7 hrs to set and I'm back in

Ok lol, just trying to talk a client around to use hardwall instead of drylined, I have read about different stators would I need a different one ? Also mainly used as 2 and 1 gang on newbuilds so would it spray enough in the morning to skim later on.in the same day?
Clemo never used mp finish is the end product as good a what's it's limitations?

I just find it easier on the body spraying it on. Do you finish more in a day. No. I do find when u spray mp finish it sets quicker. Plus am just a lazy c**t.

Ritmo only has 1 rotor stator. U can adjust speed from 5 lts to 14
Im using a ritmo at present in a 2+1 gang on a new build house. Been fiddly so far.

Ok lol, just trying to talk a client around to use hardwall instead of drylined, I have read about different stators would I need a different one ? Also mainly used as 2 and 1 gang on newbuilds so would it spray enough in the morning to skim later on.in the same day?
Clemo never used mp finish is the end product as good a what's it's limitations?
Mp finish is good over board work. Its easer to get a good finish on. Bag go's a lot further than multi. It drys out white . The board work needs to be good.

Lots of mixed opinions on this thread, all machines have plus and minuses
But all make our lives easier... Most of the time anyway.

Anyone had trouble with the rotor stator from p1ss for the ritmo?

They not suited for the ritmo. I tested one tuesday and it was causing the machine 110v ritmo to cut out.
Swapped it for a PFT version and it ran sweet. In fact customer rang me to say thanks for sorting him out

Diesels are great if you've got the yardage to go at, and are great on a building site, where's there's room to clean your machine with the built in jet wash. We use both a diesel and a smaller machine they both have advantages, but a diesel will cost you a lot more in outlay to start with.
I'm looking at a smaller machine to put bucket renders on as we still put this on by hand, which we don't mind putting on base coats by hand As I'm in the position of having as many lads on a job as I choose So 4 of us say can trowel a thin coat base on in no time, and spat up, but for the top Bucket coat it would save hassle I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.