Anyone else resent Firemen ???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Quoted a bathroom and large kitchen a while ago to the sum of £1300.00 all in, to which the customer was happy with and booked me in.
Got an email the evening before apologizing that she had been away and work scheduled to be done in her absence was not done so would need to be put back 2 weeks !! Have since learnt that a fireman who works at the same station as my brother in law has been and done the work, not only plastered but done the plumbing and tiling also. Wankers.

AB

If she agreed that the job was yours, you had A CONTRACT - even verbal is good enough. Send her a bill for loss of earnings...and report him for working on his 'rest days' and - ahem - a small matter of undeclared income:RpS_mad:

I dont hate firemen... and I think they do a fantastic job however I can can see why it annoys you as it would bug the crap out of me

Danny

i don't hate them either,my brother in law and many friends are all in, i just resent the fact that that they're under cutting on their days off, they already earn 27 k a year. His work is shocking also.

Quoted a bathroom and large kitchen a while ago to the sum of £1300.00 all in, to which the customer was happy with and booked me in.
Got an email the evening before apologizing that she had been away and work scheduled to be done in her absence was not done so would need to be put back 2 weeks !! Have since learnt that a fireman who works at the same station as my brother in law has been and done the work, not only plastered but done the plumbing and tiling also. Wankers.

AB

was that to fit the bathroom and kitchen if not im not surprised you were undercut and wether it was a fireman or a binman it makes no F*****g odds.

was that to fit the bathroom and kitchen if not im not surprised you were undercut and wether it was a fireman or a binman it makes no F*****g odds.

It is a bit on the steep side flynny, but he does have a contract. The fact that she sent an email also acknowledges this - and by telling him that the work would be delayed for two weeks she is encouraging him to keep his books clear to take on the job as agreed, causing him to be out of pocket TWICE!

its not legally binding tho.id put it down to experience and move on,
just because hes a fireman doesnt make any difference either way.

Go round and fire bomb the house, well if the guy has done everything else he might as well put the fire out too!
(but don't tell the judge i told ya to do it)

Never thought of that :RpS_biggrin:
where can I get a firemans uniform?:rolleyes)
Might get more jobs that way :RpS_thumbup:

Nah i like firemen who are firemen not fireman who are plasterers painters etc...

I know a fireman he's a sound bloke, he retired early, but guess what he used to do on his days off.... building work & he was part of a 3man small building firm:-0

youre probably a chancer anyway **** off

How do you work that one out Spunky, i was doing this before you even left school. 4042 posts since last year, you've clearly got to much time on your hands and no one to socialize with.

Flynnyman, that price was all in, to board and skim both rooms, you have no idea how big either rooms are so dont see how you can pass judgment the way you have. Been doing this long enough now to know how to quote.

Airborne dont take the bait its friday night.
Nis get yourself a firemans uniform and wear it when you price a job up garunteed to get the job if its a single lady.

not just firemen, no fucka wants to pay anymore! Plumber at work asked for a price for two ceilings and i quoted £100 (mates rates). Never heard out til i went to his house to do another job and the slag had done it himself and what a mess!!! not as easy as it looks is it ya clown!!!!

as hacked off as ya maybe, but look on the plus side everytime ya go to his house you can just point and laugh ya nuts off at his work, if ya can call it that! its got to be worth every penny of his £100, cos you will get years and years of pi$s taking out of it

Airborne £1300 is way to expensive!
Round my way it would be half that!
If you price it better next time you might get the job,
and don't go slagging off firemen my cousin is one!!

i love how people can price a job without see it or knowing his overheads!

Not going down that route again of whats to expensive and whats not.

In birmingham it probably is too expensive for the average sized rooms, but round my way I could get more easily but then its the type of client you target.

Danny

I have'nt got a problem with anyone doing plastering work as a second job but only if there doing it fully legit ie paying tax/national insurance etc but people doing it on the side cash in hand does fxxk me off big time because they are taking work away from honest tradesman who are struggling to make a living, am lucky as have'nt come across any where I live but if I did and found out he was a chancer would shop him in a second and tell that to his face before I did

Ahmed, how can you say round your way it would be half that ???? you don't know the sizes of the rooms !! or the cost of my materials or my day rate. As read in some of your previous threads you've only just started out in the trade and can only manage a ceiling of 6m2, that's not even a bag of finish mate,so my guess is you wouldn't even be able to spread the kitchen let alone know where to start pricing it.

Im not slagging firemen i also have family that are in, im resentful of the fact they're taking work from tradesmen and sticking it in their back pockets. Putting that aside if it effects myself my family and my business then ill say what i like.

Serve your time on the trowel then tel me how to run my business.

well said firemen ante the only ones gettin there sticky fingers in to every thing :RpS_thumbup: ie shops restraunts now the buildin trade cant believe hom many iv seen down b&q :-0

LOLKK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.