Any1 come across one this bad before?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
Started hacking off today, render was 3 inches thick in places, very strong mix to strong for substrate all had blown taking brick faces with it, water must have been getting behind for 10 plus years, bricks soaking wet crumbling in my hands all loose as hell.

Going to get the surveyor out...but if any of your have any suggestions?

f8a5c689.jpg

064ba3fc.jpg

Feck me,if its as bad as that all over might be a partial rebuild, the bricks will have lost some of thier strength with all the face blown off, structural engineer I would guess?

wouldnt bother with a surveyor its 9 inc bwk the faces have blown quite badly i must admit but structurely sound jet wash it and stiff brush to get the loose of and dub out it out with whatever modified render you prefer then finish as normal, i bet if a suveyor gets involved he will ask for EML.

Thats what I quoted for stainless rib lathe...but don't think i'd get a fixing.

ive had one this bad but the outer skin of the wall did fall down and had to be rebuilt:RpS_cursing:

Yeah, had one like this recently. Was a partial rebuild too. TBH yours doesnt look as bad as the one i had. The spalling isnt as bad as it could be. You might get away with dubbing out and EML as been mentioned before. Depends if whats left of the bricks is all shot n crumbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.