any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
bought a new genny recently. has 2 blue inlets and a red 3 phase. 3 phase is as usual, the blues are euro 2 pin not english 3. i run a ritmo so want it set up so i can use the genny and a house plug when available.

does anyone know if a normal adaptor that u would take on holiday to change 3 pin to 2 pin would be up to the job? or would u need an industrial one if u can get them?

im currently running the ritmo through a 3 phase plug with 1 live. does anyone no if there is an adaptor u can get that goes from 3 phase to domestic 3 pin so i can use easily? i can find any

cheers

Nick,
You recieved 2 2 pin Plugs with the genny (white ones) connect a lead from the white plug to a 16 amp blue style socket for 16 amp applications or you can use the "holiday" type adapter plugged direct to the existing sockets if you want standard 13 amp. The fuse in the appliance will have the 13 amp fuse. We use these when taking power from the actual machine on a g5 etc

Like this but change the uk plug for one of the white ones you have

Fly Lead Converter 13 Amp Plug to 16 Amp Socket on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 14:44:27 GMT)

Or use this direct for 13 amp

EUROPEAN TRAVEL ADAPTOR UK SOCKET - 2 PIN EUROPEAN PLUG on eBay (end time 02-Feb-11 21:40:14 GMT)

Last edited:
just a quick note.....the xl has all the leads to go from red 3 phase to uk 3 pin plug when in single phase mode off the mains, but on the second go it popped the 13 amp fuse in the brit plug as soon as powder hit water so ive wired the plug directly with two neutral pins rather than the brown fused pin. haven't had any problems since. There's an inline outdoor torpedo style rcd though. Case it happens to you under load.

ok cheers. what do u mean by 16 amp application ian? u mean using the blue plug? as far as i remember my 3 pin plug had a uprated 16amp fuse wire around the fuse to stop it blowing. could this still be run with a 13amp adaptor ie holiday style?

so if i have a uk 3 pin with a 16amp fuse wire, which can connect to either a domestic plug socket, or a holiday type adaptor into the genny, how do i go about using it on site without having to rewire the 3 pin to a blue plug each time? i have a 3 pin to blue plug adaptor, and then i could go from blue plug to 2 pin like ians link says, but surely that is no different than just going direct into the genny ?

lol tell me about it

ok, if u had the set up i do, how would u go about using it for domestic and site?

Ok .... For domestic i would go in the mains supply ( use a fly lead 16 amp blue socket to 13 amp 3 pin plug )
For site use the 3 phase outlet on the genny.
use a european adapter in the 220v outlets if you wish to run single phase power for say a whisk or kettle etc

Status
Not open for further replies.