And so... is this the end...?!

Members online

Someone said “good food” I agree
A few have said about supplements - I disagree
I’ve had bikes, when I sell em and I ain’t got one I always think to myself “I survived another bike without serious injury”
You’ll be fine lad
Bruce Lee Broke his back and went on to fight again!

I’ve had my fair share of accidents and broken bones you feel like your career is over!!! But with 2-3 months off you start to heal and your strength comes back. Pain and stiffness is the body’s way of healing so accept it and bide your time. It will definitely improve and you’ll be back to your old self in a few months.

Motorcross mate, not even a jump bike slipped out of rut try to correct it straight over handlebars
Used to ride pit bikes, I know there not as big, but I knocked it on the head, can't afford to be off work, not worth it with mortgage and 3 little whipper snappers, went flying over a jump on a small local track just seen me mate in deck so I tried to avoid him and bars clipped a tree, went flying, knocked f**k out of me :LOL:

As someone said, stick with the physio, probably painful, but necessary to get the range of motion and strength back. One of my oppo's has a shoulder blade looks like a meccano set, still rides but a lot more carefully after the surgeon said he couldn't put it back together a second time. Bones repair but shoulder joints tend not to, soft cartilage etc. so hope yours is ok.
You usually find a way to work around it but it can stop some stuff, e.g. I cannot really throw balls, stones bricks etc. over-arm any more. Jockeys do collar bones a lot and seem to recover ok.

i thought this was a jim morrison /doors song,.......this is the end,..............this is the end my only freind the end,

Used to ride pit bikes, I know there not as big, but I knocked it on the head, can't afford to be off work, not worth it with mortgage and 3 little whipper snappers, went flying over a jump on a small local track just seen me mate in deck so I tried to avoid him and bars clipped a tree, went flying, knocked f**k out of me :LOL:
Exactly that mate mr Halifax dont give a toss whether I've come off a bike or eaten by a bear his still wants his money every month! Great fun but defo not worth the risks taking pics tomo on Facebook market place she goes!

I’ve had my fair share of accidents and broken bones you feel like your career is over!!! But with 2-3 months off you start to heal and your strength comes back. Pain and stiffness is the body’s way of healing so accept it and bide your time. It will definitely improve and you’ll be back to your old self in a few months.
Thanks mate

Did think the worst first of all as ya time is the healer will do all can physically wise to help and as few boys mention diet helps alot so will pick up some vitamins fruit veg etc to hopefully kick it along abit more

Someone said “good food” I agree
A few have said about supplements - I disagree
I’ve had bikes, when I sell em and I ain’t got one I always think to myself “I survived another bike without serious injury”
You’ll be fine lad
Bruce Lee Broke his back and went on to fight again!
Cheers buddy!

As someone said, stick with the physio, probably painful, but necessary to get the range of motion and strength back. One of my oppo's has a shoulder blade looks like a meccano set, still rides but a lot more carefully after the surgeon said he couldn't put it back together a second time. Bones repair but shoulder joints tend not to, soft cartilage etc. so hope yours is ok.
You usually find a way to work around it but it can stop some stuff, e.g. I cannot really throw balls, stones bricks etc. over-arm any more. Jockeys do collar bones a lot and seem to recover ok.
As long as can get back to doing again properly I'll be over the moon, hopefully so mate swelling still there had ct scan saying hopefully might not need surgery find out one way or another on Thursday

Cheers mate

Had to have 8 months off when my kneecap split in two. Feared the worst but the body heals well, it will all be down to the physio, do what they say when they say ,not a thing more. They know what their doing.
Cant screed floors now, too long on the knees but didn't like them anyway.
Good luck

Had to have 8 months off when my kneecap split in two. Feared the worst but the body heals well, it will all be down to the physio, do what they say when they say ,not a thing more. They know what their doing.
Cant screed floors now, too long on the knees but didn't like them anyway.
Good luck
Thanks mate, oh will be to the letter fella anything to get us back to work quicker in only been home 3 days an climbing the walls!

Sorry to hear about your accident I broke my collar bone a few years back nothing really speeds it up just your own healing just rest and recover

Sorry to hear about your accident I broke my collar bone a few years back nothing really speeds it up just your own healing just rest and recover
Thanks mate, did you make full recovery? As in range of movement etc? Ain't stopped you from doing anything has it?

Joking! You’ll be fine young enough to make a full recovery (y) Drink lots of milk good for ya bones anything with lots of calcium!

Exactly that mate mr Halifax dont give a toss whether I've come off a bike or eaten by a bear his still wants his money every month! Great fun but defo not worth the risks taking pics tomo on Facebook market place she goes!
I used to do a lot of mountain biking with a chippie mate who loved the downhill. Every time I went out with him, he would kamikaze it and I'd always think 'I've got work on Monday'! I still love the thrill but have learned that 'moments' don't pay the mortgage. Eat well, do the exercises and take on the advice about supplements. Good luck with your recovery.

I stopped doing downhill biking, had few smashes just before lockdown and I couldn't move. Tried to clear a double and went straight over the bars. I miss it though, and will definitely still do it and pray for luck, I just enjoy bit of adrenaline. Anyone here into mtb ?

Joking! You’ll be fine young enough to make a full recovery (y) Drink lots of milk good for ya bones anything with lots of calcium!
Thanks bud!(y) I'm knocking moo juice back like know tomo at minute at least the milkman will flush these next few weeks!:LOL:

I used to do a lot of mountain biking with a chippie mate who loved the downhill. Every time I went out with him, he would kamikaze it and I'd always think 'I've got work on Monday'! I still love the thrill but have learned that 'moments' don't pay the mortgage. Eat well, do the exercises and take on the advice about supplements. Good luck with your recovery.
Cheers fella (y) thats it mate it is a pucka buzz, but after all this just ain't worth the agg, 18 years old living at home with only ya cock to keep wouldn't bat an eyelid!

I stopped doing downhill biking, had few smashes just before lockdown and I couldn't move. Tried to clear a double and went straight over the bars. I miss it though, and will definitely still do it and pray for luck, I just enjoy bit of adrenaline. Anyone here into mtb ?
That's the trouble mate the older ya get the tougher the knocks are to get over, will defo miss it but not for me no more :cry:

Wish you the best recovering , I cut my knee open in my teens on a bike and never got one again, can’t remember how long it took to recover but know it’s a shitter being unwell try to stay positive and sleep well eat well should help a lot

Wish you the best recovering , I cut my knee open in my teens on a bike and never got one again, can’t remember how long it took to recover but know it’s a shitter being unwell try to stay positive and sleep well eat well should help a lot
Thanks fella (y)

Thanks mate, did you make full recovery? As in range of movement etc? Ain't stopped you from doing anything has it?
Sorry for the late reply, I snapped mine in 2 places so had to get a plate put in then once healed got it taken back out yes have full movement and no problems at all

Sorry for the late reply, I snapped mine in 2 places so had to get a plate put in then once healed got it taken back out yes have full movement and no problems at all
No worries mate many thanks for getting back to us, on the waiting list for surgery as we speak for plate to be put in shoulder blade, hopefully next week with bit of luck!

That puts the mind at rest at least can get back to it once fit happy days (y)

Thanks bud