Agency price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer

I know it's not the done thing to discuss prices etc here but I found this episode a little alarming. Work on the domestic front has been a little slow recently for me, the jobs I've been getting have been good payers and I'm earning enough to live on but with Xmas looming I try an agency for some extra funds. The work they were advertising was for social housing in Brighton, I live in Crawley about 20 miles away. I couldn't believe my ears when they said they were only paying £11ph!! Using my own motor, paying for my own fuel and getting 11 quid an hour! I politely refused but I've got their number should anyone fancy it:RpS_bored:

Yep thats pretty good for agency work....

I did a couple of months of agency work when i was winding down in 2009 and I think even then it was only £13... but you can make it up in materials and being nice to the guys they use to fill my van up with fuel :)

Danny

Dont do it, minimum £12.50 and always, always ask for an extra £1 or so.

Even better, ask how many plasterers they want and ask for an extra £ on each plasterer you provide.

The agencies up here are charging customers around 20 to supply and paying anywhere from 10 to 12. I know cos i know someone who runs an agencie and he gets a bit talkative after a few large single malts.

Scum of the Earth agencies but it all down to our tax system that allow them to work.

Do you have a set speed for the £ ?. If not, take it really steady for £12 hour, sorted

how can anyone run a plastering business for these rates, running costs, sickness pay, pension, holiday pay etc. take it steady? i would not even get out of bed!

how can anyone run a plastering business for these rates, running costs, sickness pay, pension, holiday pay etc. take it steady? i would not even get out of bed!
welcome to the real world mate. This is why the UK is so down. When there is no work, £12 hour isn't bad. Better than £5.60 or what ever minimum wage is. Most places are stopping sick pay. Lets move down under

welcome to the real world mate. This is why the UK is so down. When there is no work, £12 hour isn't bad. Better than £5.60 or what ever minimum wage is. Most places are stopping sick pay. Lets move down under

if you know any plasterers that would work for £12 per hour phone me 07871152525.

considering we dont talk about prices on here there is a lot of talk about prices :RpS_confused:

And some one is still making a nice earner on top of them .................. Crazy the labour price difference plumbing to plastering ..... And i know which one is easier ........

Plumber on our site is on permanent daywork 120 a shift sh1t money no wonder hes a lazy tub of lard.
And he has a tracker fitted in his van so he can't even sneak off early.
Round here plumbers earn a lot less then spreads, at least on my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.