Advice please

Members online

Boon81

Hi guys need a little help done krend course at gold trowel a few weeks back so doing my first job this weekend, its onto brick and need to know if i need to prep the surface in anyway before my base coat? Any advice appreciated.

Hi guys need a little help done krend course at gold trowel a few weeks back so doing my first job this weekend, its onto brick and need to know if i need to prep the surface in anyway before my base coat? Any advice appreciated.
Will gold trowel not advice you the best way forward thought that's what you paid for, training and a bit of back up

Reactions: Mag
:wtf::eek:Just slap it on. Be reet (y):whistle:

Cant work out hiw to get the photo up at the minute, its face brickwork with zigzag pattern, ckean surface,solid just need to know if thetes anything i should put on it before basecoat, cheers guys

Mix a wet mix of hardwall and multi finish together.....coat it onto brickwork.
Let the rain hit it for a few days (to kill the suction)
Then fire away with krend.

Your probably as well as to prime the brick with microgeobetis it's like a gritty primer for external work. Bond It do a green one for external work too.

Let's face it though. He's paid good money for a course to learn mono and the course is that good he's had to come on here to ask basic advice :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mag
Thought that was what we are all about ? Guys on here that have been in the game for years ask for help ,why is it wrong he did ?
Because he's paid for a short course and he's about to tackle a job on somebody's house and he doesn't know what he's doing. By all accounts he's doing it this weekend. Personally I think that's wrong. Is it his fault or the course, who knows. I wouldn't like someone practising on my house that's for sure.

Because he's paid for a short course and he's about to tackle a job on somebody's house and he doesn't know what he's doing. By all accounts he's doing it this weekend. Personally I think that's wrong. Is it his fault or the course, who knows. I wouldn't like someone practising on my house that's for sure.
That's biggest concern i have with the courses..hs mite be a competent spread tho whos done a course to add coloured render to his bow..i can't see him being a complete novice surely!

The property belong to a builder that provides alot of my work so it a winnwin for me and theres no real pressure jus wanna get it right so im headin in right direction

oh come on !!see posts day in day out ,"has anyone used? " "whats the best way ?" "same day next day "? see why this forum has gone done hill tbh

That's wat I thought..no harm in a competent experienced spread adding coloured render to his works..we wud do 1 if had time but I think gold trowel shud be telling you this info also as said

The course runs thru the whole process but it doesnt cover every senario as there just isnnt the time over 2 days, like i said theres more guys on here with more opinions than 1 guy from a course, and id never jus jump on someone property and f-ck it up co im impatient to learn how to do it properly

That's wat I thought..no harm in a competent experienced spread adding coloured render to his works..we wud do 1 if had time but I think gold trowel shud be telling you this info also as said
On weber info day they basically go through there best practice manual that you take away with you after the course , then always have something to refer back to.
Don't know what gold trowel do or give but personally think the weber course is useful..
Said it a few times on here now there is more to this mono than just doing it IMO.

You would be mad to just have a go IMO but plenty will and it ain't cheap to redo a f**k*d up job.

On weber info day they basically go through there best practice manual that you take away with you after the course , then always have something to refer back to.
Don't know what gold trowel do or give but personally think the weber course is useful..
Said it a few times on here now there is more to this mono than just doing it IMO.

You would be mad to just have a go IMO but plenty will and it ain't cheap to redo a f**k*d up job.
That how u learned Vince? Webber?

Everyone has to start some where ,be it a test area on your own home ,no harm in asking ,just to have as much info as poss ?