advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo1

got a job to 16 sqm cieling finished my collage course only being doing small jobs

q1 how many bgs of multie
q2 how loung have i got to put first coat on before laying aka stop me flapping :0

steveo steveo steveo, would did they learn u in collage son, ur just asking for the lads to tell u all sorts of s**t lol x2 multi finish, x1 pva, and plenty of dustsheets cause its about to get messy up in that room :RpS_laugh: god help the carpets...

a no they bits lol wat m getting at a put te first coat on right how loung have a got before it goes off lol confidince m8 and yes ill have my stop watch :)

Put a small handful of hardwall in the first mix mate,it will give u an extra 15mins or so to flatten and get 2nd mixed.you have to step up sometime,just go in with the right attitude.

Me no speaky any englishy and me no spellingssss, i think what u need kid is to put a full tub of cream of tarter in ur mix and u will be all under control. Trust me, dont know why they didnt tell u that at collage? wouldnt u agree lads...

whats the biggest area you have to complete in one hit at gold trowel andy??

Tomato sauce in yer mix was a top tip a while back on here! But can't remember if it was board or multi?.... Don't know bout that unifinish tho, no need for pva,,, but doesn't say no need for tomato sauce??:RpS_wink:

At college the training area is 2.5m by 3.6m so the ceiling is 3 boards and walls are 2.3m high. The training is dot & dab 1 wall, render 1, float and set a window wall, floor screed, board and skim ceiling and then cut a template, form a reverse and cast cornice then cut and fix it. Only problem is that all of the above needs to be done in 30 hours

whats the biggest area you have to complete in one hit at gold trowel andy??

When I popped down there to see one of the forum members he showed me their largest ceiling, which he was yet to tackle. I reckon it must have been about 20m2.

Whatever happened to Kingpin off here? Did Spunky finally get to him?

Nothing wrong with a bit of kiddy fiddling is there its about as big a crime as going in someone's house not knowing what the ******* hell you're doing and getting paid for it

i half a years experince working with plasterer also done 2 years collage course ill do the job for half the price of any other qoute thats te wae roll m8 kiddie fiddling wel wtever does it for u lol

i half a years experince working with plasterer also done 2 years collage course ill do the job for half the price of any other qoute thats te wae roll m8 kiddie fiddling wel wtever does it for u lol

If that's true and not just a wind-up you deserve to be beaten to death by dwarfs - when panto season's finished and they're not so busy :RpS_thumbup:

If that's true and not just a wind-up you deserve to be beaten to death by dwarfs - when panto season's finished and they're not so busy :RpS_thumbup:

Don't you mean half to death? They are dwarfs after all and he charges half price - it's only fair :RpS_thumbup:

Don't forget to let it stand for 20 mins after first mix, then give it another whisk to get to the right consistency :RpS_thumbup:

http://
Blog-Red-Flag1_zps7f98952e.jpg

to the ops post, if your not confident in doing a job, then don't do it, it's a house/flat were someone has to live in, and in this current climate people don't have money to just let you practice on their homes, best bet to do is say you cant do it, if your having to ask how long to leave between coats how did you manage to do your college ceilings to pass ?

Find your local plasterer, ask for a job and learn the game inside out, don't go making mistakes and charging people for it.

16 meters is too much if u dont know what your doing unless your going back a week later with easy fill and a pole sander to finish it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.