Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo1

My mates mum ask me to tile her kitchen and skim her bed room got price ideas for tiling but plastering grrrrr I no use don't talk about prices but as I have little experience and it's a friend mibi I should do it free wat do u think :RpS_cool:

If you want to do it free for the experience do it. Or if you want to earn on it give a price on what you think it's worth but if your new to plastering I wouldn't go in too high because if someone new to plastering gave me a price an experienced spread would charge I'd rather have the pro do it.

Kl that's the route I've been going down with the tiling thats means they aren't expecting gold lol

Charge for bronze and give them gold, they will pass your name on and when you get better and busier up your prices. But really if you have no exp you should try n get some work with a local plasterer

I'm on a collage course finishes in June and I worked with a plaster for a few months few days a week been trying to get in with a plaster had a chance with one on hear but I couldn't get there in the morning then he was prity pissed that I never gave him much notice but hey hoo keep trying

I was and stil am pissed off because you let me down at about ten o'clock the night before even though you said you could make it, you lost out though because I gave someone a permanent job the following week. I wouldn't advise anyone that needs a reliable boy to take you on. I got a phone all from one of my ex bosses asking if I knew anyone thats looking for work and can preferrably first coat aswell, I immediately thought of you but didn't pas your info as I would not want to be held responsible for you ******* someone else over, so that's 2 really good opportunities you lost out on there.next time think before you beg for work.

Anyway rant over...

As the jobs for a friends mum and by the sounds of one of your other posts you can't finish a wall properly you should offer to do the job for free, obviously she pays for mats. Use it as experience and a chance to get a bit better. Take ur time and make sure you leave a tidy and clean job.chances are she will offer you money anyway, if not then she's a ******* bitch lol

As I said I was depending on passing my driving test then thought I could get a bus as I stay in Livingston and for u to not advice any1 to take me on is a bit harsh and I have good refs to back that up

As I said I was depending on passing my driving test then thought I could get a bus as I stay in Livingston and for u to not advice any1 to take me on is a bit harsh and I have good refs to back that up
First impression is paramount mate, someone gives u a chance don't let them down,there are loads out there screamin for a chance, your name gets around as dm says,missed opportunity.you could be the the best around but if u r unreliable your no worth a f@@k to nobody

This is all getting blown out of proportion I couldnt get to dunfermaline at the time he wanted me to and I was trying to get a lift for fck sake

This is all getting blown out of proportion I couldnt get to dunfermaline at the time he wanted me to and I was trying to get a lift for fck sake
calm down mate, keep the baw oan the deck, am just given u a tad of advice. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs, but from dm's point of view he organised things with you and u couldn't. Fullfill ure part of the deal, therefor u let him down, 10 bells the night before is no good to no man. Is there no public transport from livi to Dunfermline ?

I was and stil am pissed off because you let me down at about ten o'clock the night before even though you said you could make it, you lost out though because I gave someone a permanent job the following week. I wouldn't advise anyone that needs a reliable boy to take you on. I got a phone all from one of my ex bosses asking if I knew anyone thats looking for work and can preferrably first coat aswell, I immediately thought of you but didn't pas your info as I would not want to be held responsible for you ******* someone else over, so that's 2 really good opportunities you lost out on there.next time think before you beg for work.

Anyway rant over...

As the jobs for a friends mum and by the sounds of one of your other posts you can't finish a wall properly you should offer to do the job for free, obviously she pays for mats. Use it as experience and a chance to get a bit better. Take ur time and make sure you leave a tidy and clean job.chances are she will offer you money anyway, if not then she's a ******* bitch lol

I always look forward to your wise, erudite and kind posts with a that subtle hint of misogyny.

:RpS_thumbsup:Oh no it's slimysteve! Sucks the marrow from your bones with fluent boredom, am away to slash ma wrists, na feck it am goin for a beer

My mates mum ask me to tile her kitchen and skim her bed room got price ideas for tiling but plastering grrrrr I no use don't talk about prices but as I have little experience and it's a friend mibi I should do it free wat do u think :RpS_cool:

Anyhoo............Is she a yummy mummy? :RpS_drool:

stevo whats she like??
do the job for nowt get in her bedroom, have a w@nk in her knicker draw and spunk on her toys (after youv tasted them that is)or in her face cream (but dont taste the face cream) :RpS_thumbup:

under no circumstances do you s**t on her door step!! well not until youv rattled her anyway

Told u before spunk get a life out side this f knob head

You started this thread by asking for advice you got it from JBPlastering 'price for bronze and deliver gold'. Spot on IMO. DM describes your unreliability and inability to do the job - this is supported by Fatarm. You are in the middle of basic learning en route, you hope, to becoming a plasterer. You are 24 a late starter seeking an apprenticeship. You are failing to sell yourself, this forum can produce opportunities if you have the wit to embrace them. Given all this you use this post to be abusive. Just about anyone on this forum could eat you alive in the ability to dish out abuse. If you think that attempting to be abusive gives you stature you are living in fantasy land.
A second piece of advice for you after bronze and gold. Clean up your act, try niceness and pleasantries with sincerity if you want to see what a winning strategy looks like read Bluebigboyblue’s posts - he is only 17 but ten years more mature than you….see how easy it is to be abusive without **** or using knobhead even if you are both of these. Abuse is effortless and facile

You started this thread by asking for advice you got it from JBPlastering 'price for bronze and deliver gold'. Spot on IMO. DM describes your unreliability and inability to do the job - this is supported by Fatarm. You are in the middle of basic learning en route, you hope, to becoming a plasterer. You are 24 a late starter seeking an apprenticeship. You are failing to sell yourself, this forum can produce opportunities if you have the wit to embrace them. Given all this you use this post to be abusive. Just about anyone on this forum could eat you alive in the ability to dish out abuse. If you think that attempting to be abusive gives you stature you are living in fantasy land.
A second piece of advice for you after bronze and gold. Clean up your act, try niceness and pleasantries with sincerity if you want to see what a winning strategy looks like read Bluebigboyblue’s posts - he is only 17 but ten years more mature than you….see how easy it is to be abusive without **** or using knobhead even if you are both of these. Abuse is effortless and facile

in all seriousness some very good advice sliemasteve , i fully agree with you , get the impression he has a bad attitude problem,no respect, no experience but thinks he can come on here and speak to experienced plasterers like this in this manner , a boy with a mans head.

Do it with the proviso that they only pay you what they think the job is worth.

As most people are honest and you're a friend of the family chances are they'll feel guilty not giving you a decent cheque :)

Like you do you're father because he doesn't want to stick it in you're mother because she looks like a pig dragged through a hedge backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.