advice on soundproofing need please

Members online

les127

hi all,i get a lot of noise coming through our party wall either side of front room,would dabbing blue gyproc soundlock 12.5 boards make a bid noticeble difference,or is there a better method,thanks guys

hi all,i get a lot of noise coming through our party wall either side of front room,would dabbing blue gyproc soundlock 12.5 boards make a bid noticeble difference,or is there a better method,thanks guys
Build a stud wall in front insulate with acoustic wool, board with sound lock boards and skim.

Are you trying to keep your noise in or there noise out? You get some proper devious reasons for soundproofing...

IMG_5539.JPG
:estudioso:

If it's a cavity wall...may get problem with flanking transmission. Stud wall def the most effective price wise but won't completely eradicate it. Anywhere you can put an air gap will help...then layer up with PB. A layer of 12.5 and 9.5 is good running perpendicular to each other.

Knock a hole in the wall, put a hatch in, a nice one, no bodge......then when they make a bit of a din, you can open it to say politely "shut the f**k up"......
It's the way forward, and you'll become really friendly with the neighbours!

Done a few gypline systems.

Same 'as stud wall' but on a smaller scale. 40 to 50mm ish

Acoustic roll or dense insulator, soundshield board.
Mastic round edges.
Works well.

Customers say a big change in noise reduction.