advice on plastering around an arch window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always dab a board inside reveal leave it past wall for a guide hardwall front of wall then fix plastic arch bead eyeing it up to the arch window then skim

This is what I would suggest but use a 6mm contour board or the gyproc version, thes are made for curving but are about £10 a sheet.

Arti i am that far north now i am almost a jock :RpS_lol: Wooler but originally a mackem lived up here 10 yr now

a mackem.......................:-0, soz raggles cant talk to you anymore...........................:flapper:

:RpS_scared:... forgive my ignorance!!! Is a mackem still a geordie ?? But supports Sunderland??

a mackem is from owa the watta, i.e sunderland, he's defo not a geordie and he defo wont support the toon...............:RpS_angry:.
i would have replied earlier but i was screaming at the screen for a while when i read your question

Sorry marra:RpS_blushing:I've let you down, but you have educated me now:RpS_thumbup:

geordie rivalry .:RpS_thumbup:.

:RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
as arti says deffo not a geordie it's a bit like asking a manc if he's a scouse if u know what i mean :RpS_lol:

Sorry marra:RpS_blushing:I've let you down, but you have educated me now:RpS_thumbup:

geordie rivalry .:RpS_thumbup:.

:RpS_laugh:

:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh: :RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol:RpS_laugh: a jumper with a pocket for yer tabs and a bottle of broon!!! :RpS_thumbsup:canny designer wear:RpS_wink:

Lol:RpS_laugh: a jumper with a pocket for yer tabs and a bottle of broon!!! :RpS_thumbsup:canny designer wear:RpS_wink:

believe it or not marra there used to be a massive jean shop in newcastle called geordie jeans when was a youngin....................:RpS_thumbsup:................:RpS_laugh:

OlyBoy

Could you not board the face of the wall instead of floating it ?

The reason i ask is if you cast your board over your reveals by however much they need to be, then leave the board that covers the arch covering that top part of the window, then mark and cut in situ. Once thats done hard wall all the way round your reveals and head using a square of the face of your board. Once thats gone off get a length of arch bead and try and run it all the way round, rather than just the arch bit this will give you a smoother continues edge to your arch.

These pics arnt an arch but similar and you'll get the gist of boarding the gap then marking out.

bullseye001_zps9c300a53.jpg

bullseye002_zps31fdd243.jpg

bullseye003_zps238011c5.jpg

Cut your reveals out of board stand one against the wall gradually bending it till you have the shape, dab it then support the the ends with the straight reveals, float the wall or dab it then staple an arch bead.

did i not see somewhere in a post the other day that you are a mackem as well Bubbles ?

bubbs is a dirty leeds fan. JJ aka Kebab king is a mackem but he escaped down south somewhere.......:RpS_thumbup:

I go to silloth once or twice a year at least cos good mates of ours have a static over there

No the old Lido but one of the builders who lives in my village and i pull out of the she-ite evry now and then is the brother of the owner of Stanix park

Fkall on the lido is there?....................and there's a bit of a story with that lot at the Stanwix :RpS_wink:

thanks airborne!! i was thinking of boarding the wall like you say and cutting out ect, with some carefull marking out this could be the way i go about it. oh and top job in the pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.