Advice on buying a corner trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

davehugh

Looking at buying a corner trowel normally do opposite corners but alot of people seem to be using them so want to give it a go. Been looking on marshalltown website and there are stacks of them can't tell which one to get some appear to be just for taping and jointing . Anyone help me out?

If you're working on a decent straight background and you put your skim on nice and tidy then one of the 103 degree marshalltown internal trowels intended for drylining are very good, I use one of these 99 percent of the time. If your going over a dodgy background and or you don't put your skim on neatly then a more rigid internal trowel is better. Hope that helps.

Also Dave its a good idea to have 2 get the drylinning type the flexible ones got a ragni one myself but also get the smaller type got a marshall town one where the handle is set into the tool itself, cos you all ways get small
reveals etc which they can get into.

also with a corner trowel use one blade at a time... no ridges then and you get a perfect corner everytime (what works for me)

Danny

Danny said:
also with a corner trowel use one blade at a time... no ridges then and you get a perfect corner everytime (what works for me)

Danny

Danny

Can you you explain a bit more do you mean put pressure on 1 wall then the other? When do you use them do you let the plater pickup first say after first or second trowel?

Many thanks

not the blue sheet steel ones, i was always tought to twitch ceiling lines and hard angles as well and they look much better than just brushed as mny who have worked for me do.

i was always taught it was a twitcher but things change, i have never heard of a devil float before i saw it called that on a forum,its the same as mr lord calling a hawk a handboard. at the end of the day there the real angle tool and not the dry linning ones which everyone uses who cant use a twitcher . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was taught by my old man and he always used a twitcher, some years later my uncle showed me the internal trowel he was using at the time ( drylining style ) and said he would never go back to a twitcher, so I thought I'd give one a try and guess what I can't remember the last time I even took a twitcher out of the unit let alone used one even though (having counted today) I've got 2 steel and 3 stainless ones just sitting there. I use a drylining internal because I think I get just as good a finish using one in less time than using a twitcher.
Oh and even though he's just retired my dad also used the drylining style for the last ten years he worked and he really wasn't one for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.