Advice on a customer

Members online

Llefc1992

Hi, we plastered a couple of rooms in a property 2 years ago and now the customer wants a refund or the hole job re skimming, we have been to look at the job and there's a couple of defects nothing major but he's going around with an led light shinning it up the wall purposely looking for defects, he has thretened us with legal advice, but apart from sorting the visible defects I don't see why I should have to re skim a job that was done 2 years ago and he also paid us straight away after comming home to check the work, I've done some research that says a defect period last for 12 months and we didn't sign a contract. Can anyone advise me on what to do next? Thanks

Hi, we plastered a couple of rooms in a property 2 years ago and now the customer wants a refund or the hole job re skimming, we have been to look at the job and there's a couple of defects nothing major but he's going around with an led light shinning it up the wall purposely looking for defects, he has thretened us with legal advice, but apart from sorting the visible defects I don't see why I should have to re skim a job that was done 2 years ago and he also paid us straight away after comming home to check the work, I've done some research that says a defect period last for 12 months and we didn't sign a contract. Can anyone advise me on what to do next? Thanks
Tell him to fk off.

He's literally putting an led bright light up the walls an bear hugging them looking for high spots, hes now sent me anorther letter saying if I don't agree to re skim it all within 7 days he wants 1400 pound back so he can get another spread to re skim it, I've never had a problem like this in the 13 years I've been doing this self employed with hundreds of fantastic reviews, ive never known nothing like it

He's literally putting an led bright light up the walls an bear hugging them looking for high spots, hes now sent me anorther letter saying if I don't agree to re skim it all within 7 days he wants 1400 pound back so he can get another spread to re skim it, I've never had a problem like this in the 13 years I've been doing this self employed with hundreds of fantastic reviews, ive never known nothing like it
How did he pay you

Tell him to suck a dick...court wouldn't find in his favour after that time frame...I'd tell him to do his worst

Tell him you'll hire an independent surveyor to look at the job and he will judge it as mentioned above, the centre of the room in natural daylight

Screenshot_20210710-071904.png

After 2 years, he can't prove he hasn't had a go at it himself, or had someone else have a go at it, long after you completed your contract with him.

After 2 years, I don't see how he can prove that the wall is exactly as you left it when you packed up your tools.

After 2 years, I don't see how he has a leg to stand on, but if I were you, I would avoid responding at all until you've first consulted a solicitor for half an hour - it could be money well spent and would be useful knoweldge for any similar scenarios, in future.

After 2 years, he can't prove he hasn't had a go at it himself, or had someone else have a go at it, long after you completed your contract with him.

After 2 years, I don't see how he can prove that the wall is exactly as you left it when you packed up your tools.

After 2 years, I don't see how he has a leg to stand on, but if I were you, I would avoid responding at all until you've first consulted a solicitor for half an hour - it could be money well spent and would be useful knoweldge for any similar scenarios, in future.
Be cheaper to redo than half hour with a brief!

Yeah tell him to shine the led light up his arse he might find some loose change

He hasn't got a leg to stand on tell him to f**k off

Mate have you got a fanny or a pair of balls? It's two f**k**g years and he's shining a led light across it which isn't allowed.tell him to f**k off end of

c**t punt!!!

Have you got any photos, no judging just want to see how petty he is. But yeah after 2 years that's a piss take, first thing customer should and always do is inspect the work carried out and either they're happy and pay or they are not and getting in touch with the spread straight away, not after f**k**g 2 years lol