Advice in removing internal plaster beads

Samwp

We have a number of window reveals that might need to have the existing metal corner beads removed. I am looking for any advice on a way to remove the beads without causing too much damage to the rest of the wall. Any first-hand advice would be appreciated?

We known that the existing the beads are plastered on, not nailed.

We have a number of window reveals that might need to have the existing metal corner beads removed. I am looking for any advice on a way to remove the beads without causing too much damage to the rest of the wall. Any first-hand advice would be appreciated?

We known that the existing the beads are plastered on, not nailed.

Use a multi tool . Nice clean cuts. Easy enough to remove beading.
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of using an oscillating saw with a curved blade to run down the edges, if a knife wasn't up to the job - looks like I have my answer.

The beads are metal in all but two rooms, where the edge has been formed to a curve.

I am unsure about the two "un-beaded" windows. We are going to have to knock a bit of the plaster away to see what's there. The house was built in the 1950s so I am guessing that the edges were formed by hand.

I am unsure about the two "un-beaded" windows. We are going to have to knock a bit of the plaster away to see what's there. The house was built in the 1950s so I am guessing that the edges were formed by hand.
what's the actual problem with the beads that you need to remove them?

The left and right reveals need to be "padded" with plasterboard or bonding by around 20mm to reduce the amount of visible window frame.

The problem it that the windows were measured wrongly, then fitted regardless. They can't be removed and refitted because the next contractor had to get started on the external wall insulation. This has left us to make best of the situation. On the scale of the works, this is a hassle, more than a problem!

The problem it that the windows were measured wrongly, then fitted regardless. They can't be removed and refitted because the next contractor had to get started on the external wall insulation. This has left us to make best of the situation. On the scale of the works, this is a hassle, more than a problem!
Leave the beads Insitu and just dab or plaster out your reveals, then re-bead over the excisting beads and finish.

Don’t overthink it. There will be mess and a bit of making good but it’s not rocket science. Rip them off, board/float, bead and skim/fill feather in

The reveals have to be repaired whatever happens - so I'd rather spend a little more time/money and do the job properly.

We are starting on Saturday - so fingers crossed!

Just an update - the plasterer we had booked copped-out of the job last minute.

In the end the only solution was to over-bead and re-skim the walls.