Adhesive on wallpaper

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeves1985

Just need a bit of advice gguys finished a coving job for a customer who went ar*e over t*t about decorating before having coving fitted all the walls were wallpapered first

i advised they had done it wrong but were adamant they wanted the coving doing

they now have an issue that there is cove adhesive water residue on the wallpaper that the can't remove (the white dusty effect you get from brushing in)

any tips to getting this off

they reckon they have tried damp cloth etc

and even though I did advise against it and told them it may happen I still feel bad
the only good thing is the are delighted with the actual coving
small change to me as I am still out of pocket as I only covered the materials as I felt so bad

You mean to say you priced a job up with out allowing for labour costs or profit? Because you felt sorry for them?

Why did you not think about it before you done it use masking tape ,light plastic, of course I have done far more stupid things but still....

No the job was priced accordingly but I haven't taken the labour money because I felt bad
didnt mask because in all honesty I didn't think (stupid yes) but that's done now
Is there any tips to getting the dirty water works off?
The adhesive used was knauf cove adhesive

yeah tell them to do the job the right way round next time and you want paying

We had a house once, we plastered it, screeded it etc, got a call 8 weeks or so,later, the builder forgot we had to,fit coving, we went back, beige expensive carpet and a nice paint job, we had to cover down and then cove and clean as we,went, nightmare .. But I did charge for it but its never enough ..

To be fair I should have refused to do it but fact remains I did and would like to get the marks off but having never had to do it before I don't know what to try on it
like to leave customers happy as its my name on it at end of day

the only good thing is the Covings bang on but

To be fair I should have refused to do it but fact remains I did and would like to get the marks off but having never had to do it before I don't know what to try on it
like to leave customers happy as its my name on it at end of day

the only good thing is the Covings bang on but
Its paper and water marks, sometimes there is no solution.we all have fail days,

so what are you goin to do if it doesnt come off then just knock yourself the wages (which you already have) and pay to redecorate for them???

Haven't got that far yet was hoping someone had a idea how to get it off
I assumed clean water and a couple of passes would sort it but unfortunately not

you told them buddy so in my eyes you should be paid full stop their fault feckin idiots .that stuff gets more dug in than an alabama tick and onto paper i would say little or no chance of it coming out is it dark paper ?

Just had a tip from a builder to say lemon juice or vinegar should do the trick as it dissolves the gypsum deposits and wipe off with clean water
sound logical

Just need a bit of advice gguys finished a coving job for a customer who went ar*e over t*t about decorating before having coving fitted all the walls were wallpapered first

i advised they had done it wrong but were adamant they wanted the coving doing

they now have an issue that there is cove adhesive water residue on the wallpaper that the can't remove (the white dusty effect you get from brushing in)

any tips to getting this off

they reckon they have tried damp cloth etc

and even though I did advise against it and told them it may happen I still feel bad
the only good thing is the are delighted with the actual coving
small change to me as I am still out of pocket as I only covered the materials as I felt so bad

A belt sander should remove that no probs :RpS_biggrin:. As everyone else says you warned them and they went ahead anyway. You need paying for your time as its not your fault

worth ago mate that stuff is good for things like wiping down if that dont work you will have to phone barry scott :RpS_biggrin:

haha
well that's my last effort
ma's said they can't be that bothered and happy with the work itself as they have booked me for more work so ill get it back in the long run
murs just good to leave a customer with a smile on their face

Dude.. you told them it wasn't the correct way of doing things, you knew it would leave some residue.. why the **** do you feel bad??? are you ******* mental??? **** me I can be far too honest and self critical for my own good in the best of situations.. but there is literally only one side to this story, you aint done nothing wrong, and they are bellends, get your money, and tell them you are sorry but you advised against it and there's nothing you can do, if they want to scrub away for hours and **** up their own paper then so be it, you got other jobs to get onto, and YOUR bills to pay out of the money they havn't given you! If anyone should feel bad, it's them, wankers.

Dude.. you told them it wasn't the correct way of doing things, you knew it would leave some residue.. why the **** do you feel bad??? are you ******* mental??? **** me I can be far too honest and self critical for my own good in the best of situations.. but there is literally only one side to this story, you aint done nothing wrong, and they are bellends, get your money, and tell them you are sorry but you advised against it and there's nothing you can do, if they want to scrub away for hours and **** up their own paper then so be it, you got other jobs to get onto, and YOUR bills to pay out of the money they havn't given you! If anyone should feel bad, it's them, wankers.
That sensitivity course is working

Status
Not open for further replies.