adding pva to multi prior to mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charente

hi its just a general question,is it worth adding some pva to a multi finish mix just prior to mixing to aid skimming time,also do you think it will give a good finish:confused:

Go for it!! That sounds a winner:RpS_thumbup:.....(don't tell BG tho):RpS_wink: they'll nick yer idea.

no im not saying theres a need to do it,what im asking is would it benifit the outcome to a degree.

hi its just a general question,is it worth adding some pva to a multi finish mix just prior to mixing to aid skimming time,also do you think it will give a good finish:confused:

Why do you want to aid skimming time?
Big area?
Just mix more plaster as you go.
Or you can...............

You could do a case study for Danny..................:RpS_thumbup:

When I started out many moons, ago before we got all uptight about PVA mixes. The old spread that taught me always used the left over watered down PVA in the 1st coat when reskimming or going over anything that we had put PVA on. I asked him why and he said that doing this meant that you had PVA sticking to PVA and we never had any problems and it went off fine.

best ratio is 1L of pva to every 2.5L of water:RpS_thumbsup: let us know how you get on
or use ever build s.b.r same ratio

i find it makes it go off quicker!? lol

if iv used my bucket for a scuttle and cleaned the roller out in it i sometimes just add water to that and mix, mainly a small/waterd down amount mind, adding from the bottle does give it a very sticky horrible feel, even a bit teary .

When I started out many moons, ago before we got all uptight about PVA mixes. The old spread that taught me always used the left over watered down PVA in the 1st coat when reskimming or going over anything that we had put PVA on. I asked him why and he said that doing this meant that you had PVA sticking to PVA and we never had any problems and it went off fine.

Thats what i ment..

on the internet you can get de-ionised water in 45gl drums thats what u need, i can't explain it it's a science thing but it works.
other than that the best thing to do is carbonate your water in a soda stream prior to mixing but make sure you use it while it still has its fizz

on the internet you can get de-ionised water in 45gl drums thats what u need, i can't explain it it's a science thing but it works.
other than that the best thing to do is carbonate your water in a soda stream prior to mixing but make sure you use it while it still has its fizz

You mean "get busy with the fizzy"...............:RpS_thumbup:

TO THE MAX, and the added bonus is there is always a tasty beverage to hand when u work a sweat up troweling up that extra 20-30m you were able to get on when using this method QUOTE=Artisan998;645769]You mean "get busy with the fizzy"...............:RpS_thumbup:[/QUOTE]

to the max, and the added bonus is there is always a tasty beverage to hand when u work a sweat up troweling up that extra 20-30m you were able to get on when using this method quote=artisan998;645769]you mean "get busy with the fizzy"...............:rps_thumbup:
[/quote]

p!ss in it!! works best on a monday after a weekend on the lash, darker the p!ss the better

thanks guys come tuesday on the job im going to apply the the top tips to ths clients walls and stand back at the end of the day with pride,turn to the client and ask for pay:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.