addiction cost me everything

Members online

Gordon I watched this documentary (can't remember which one it was but will try find it later) and it was about the availability of drugs in u.k,from recollection it went back to early 1900 when drugs were regularly used and no laws (I think) then 1920 something alcohol was ok and drugs weren't (by law) around 60s I think teddy boys would raid pharmacys to get "good" drug to have ,sell and supply later year more "groups" of the communities started growing and traffic in drugs into u.k,70s,80s more ready available (no government stopping it or police), 90s rave explosion and freely available from a person who knew a local dealer,2000s I don't know but presume any drug can be gotten hold of within 10 minutes of anywhere you live in u.k,so just wanted to know do you still think it is person fault they might try or did something not go to plan in last 100 years ?

Definition of an alcoholic is when you take one drink you cannot stop. My dad on a Sunday would have 4 pints after football in the clubhouse, back home and 3 bottles of red over the rest of the day. Funnily enough he's not an alcoholic because he could stop after that much. He's termed as a heavy drinker. I drink until I pass out. I literally cannot stop, so I went to AA. There you sort your whole life, not just the drink. Anger, greed, procrstination, envy etc.i was a functioning alcoholic too, you'll meet two types in there, those that binge (me) and those that top up thru the day. Some have lost everything and some that are about to. You will find loads of other blokes in the same boat and you will make friends like you've never had before.
Im also doing anger management i cant see group therapy helping as i will kick off

Gordon I watched this documentary (can't remember which one it was but will try find it later) and it was about the availability of drugs in u.k,from recollection it went back to early 1900 when drugs were regularly used and no laws (I think) then 1920 something alcohol was ok and drugs weren't (by law) around 60s I think teddy boys would raid pharmacys to get "good" drug to have ,sell and supply later year more "groups" of the communities started growing and traffic in drugs into u.k,70s,80s more ready available (no government stopping it or police), 90s rave explosion and freely available from a person who knew a local dealer,2000s I don't know but presume any drug can be gotten hold of within 10 minutes of anywhere you live in u.k,so just wanted to know do you still think it is person fault they might try or did something not go to plan in last 100 years ?

And the peodo comment is terrible

If someone genuinely believes the reason they are an addict and others not is because they are wired differently, and want those that are not to understand and be better educated etc etc, then this is the very same argument that nonces use, so on that basis addicts must have sympathy with these nonces because it's the way they are wired, hence the at one comment.

If this offends anyone then tough, it's the natural conclusion to the wired up argument.

Good question I'm often accused of being uneducated, now at school we are taught about the perils of drugs, so I'm offered drugs, I say mmmm this is not a good idea because I've learned this is wrong. Others take it anyway get hooked, but I'm uneducated lol

So to answer your question yes it's the individual's fault.

I do know that being an alcoholic is a nasty illness btw

Let's look at this snivelling excuse of wiring you give, you must be at one with paedophiles because they use this very same excuse, there should be an island where all you monsters can go and get on with it

In all honesty you're a real piece of s**t....just thought you were misguided till that f**k**g stupid comment

In all honesty you're a real piece of s**t....just thought you were misguided till that f**k**g stupid comment

Stupid ? Two groups using the same excuse to justify what they do and I'm the real piece of s**t. Go figure

Stupid ? Two groups using the same excuse to justify what they do and I'm the real piece of s**t. Go figure
I agree with squarehead tha tpeople who form addictions have a different way of thinking, from what ive read our dopamine signal re configure easier and lock onto activities that we enjoy...hence the addictive personality trait in some people...im an alcoholic and think its down to a bad way of my brain working....i got an 18 month old son....you telling me cos of my opinion that my brain easily forms adductive attachments that I should have sympathy for peadofiles

Like I said your a piece of s**t with thick, unedecuted opinions

This thread has just got better lol. Why are yous taking is so seriously. Gps has made some good points. So has others. Some people are good at football some are not. Some good at getting pissed some not. We are all different. Am with gps on the junkies for taking it in the first place.

This thread has just got better lol. Why are yous taking is so seriously. Gps has made some good points. So has others. Some people are good at football some are not. Some good at getting pissed some not. We are all different. Am with gps on the junkies for taking it in the first place.
Im taking it serious mate as I got alcohol issues and have since I was about 17, alway like drink to much, family of alcoholics...cos of that gps the massive f**k**g moron is lumping me in with the peado's

@gps. I can only go on my experiences of alcoholism and the addiction side of that. How a paedophiles mind works I think you'd have to get a psychologist on that one. So I can't really comment on whether or not it's an addiction, treatable or just inherently evil. But to link the two is just lazy because you don't know either. It's just a bit low to even bring it up really.

I can't see how alcoholism can be classed as a disease imo
I agree...alcoholism isnt a disease, cancer is a disease...i think some call it that as its not a choice and feel they are burdened with it....at some point it was self inflicted though (even if unknowing of the consequences) so defo not a disease for me

Im taking it serious mate as I got alcohol issues and have since I was about 17, alway like drink to much, family of alcoholics...cos of that gps the massive f**k**g moron is lumping me in with the peado's
My mum is a alcoholic. But I don't take what he said as putting her in with the peodo's. Am a binge drinker myself. But don't drink weekdays. Or even some weekends. But when I do go out I'll drink on till the pub is closed.

Lol, I did it because it was alleged that it's because your wired up different so to my mind if that is believed then as it's the same excuse as the nonces have used then you must have empathy with them ?

Now I never said that is case, I was merely drawing the comparison it can't be acceptable to one group and not another.

My mum is a alcoholic. But I don't take what he said as putting her in with the peodo's. Am a binge drinker myself. But don't drink weekdays. Or even some weekends. But when I do go out I'll drink on till the pub is closed.
the actual alcoholism isnt why gps lumps us in with the peado's.....i have always craved drink and think im wired bad, was addicted before I could legally drink...cos of me blaming it on how my brain works thats why im like a child s*x offender.....apparantly

the actual alcoholism isnt why gps lumps us in with the peado's.....i have always craved drink and think im wired bad, was addicted before I could legally drink...cos of me blaming it on how my brain works thats why im like a child s*x offender.....apparantly

So you must have some sympathy with them surely ?

If we ever meet you can ask me the question in person,then ill answer it

Thank you, so you have no sympathy or understanding with them but yet you expect others to have that for you doesn't really work does it

Music is the best drug of all. Off to see these soon, I will go f**k**g apeshit in that moshpit, go home and go to work the next morning with a clear head and a broad smile