Acrylic Coatings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spray apply the acrylic coating stolit. Do you need to finish it with a plastic trowel. Or can it just be left?

Output
0 - 0.63 cu yd/hr;
0-2.1gpm

would be ok?

Sto M-8 Spray Pump

Last edited:
At a guess I would say I'd be good. I definitely won't be sh*t, but not amazing as its my first time. I intend to spray the customers dog kennel first for practice.

Ok could i save on labour, could be just me and my lab? no need for extra spread to float?

Yea but am i correct In thinking I'd have to spend more money on it to be able to spray acyylic coatings? something to do with compressor if I remember...

to be honest m8 i couldn't afford the ritmo anyway

At a guess I would say I'd be good. I definitely won't be sh*t, but not amazing as its my first time. I intend to spray the customers dog kennel first for practice.

i reckon you would probably realise ur shitter than you thought if it was your first ever spray

cant patch acryics very well it best to just go over the lot again have 1 or 2 spreading depending on area and one guy finishing... on gables have a guy start the top and gethalfway along before 2nd guy starts lower lift and follows behind eeping wet joints all the way

So you work left to right on gables?

Also say the worst came to worst and i did have to go over it could I just go straight over or would there be prep first?

If your struggling to keep up with the spreads, lay it on in metre wide bands and float these, whilst the spreads catch the joints- makes it easier than covering a whole lift and chasing drying joints.

used as part of a thin coat system are they suitable for solid brick wall construction, build with lime mortar?

Last edited:
it might just be me but your questions all seem like answers that have been lifted from manufacturers websites and turned into questions ???

this is what i wanted to know really, if these thin coat renders can be applied onto a sand and cement render....for that smoothed tyrolean look finsh.

iv watched a few vids on thin coat rendering on youtube and 2 fat bastards seem to handle it fine, so expect ill be alreet too lol

would you leave any waterproofer out of the top coat of s&c render though? if applying the acrylic thin coat on top!? would you basicaly render the job like a normal sand and cement job, flat face smooth finish.......then apply the acrylic coat after? then polish up with a plastic trowel. like these 2 clowns

Marmorit Thin Coat Acrylic Render Application - YouTube

this is what i wanted to know really, if these thin coat renders can be applied onto a sand and cement render....for that smoothed tyrolean look finsh.

iv watched a few vids on thin coat rendering on youtube and 2 fat bastards seem to handle it fine, so expect ill be alreet too lol

would you leave any waterproofer out of the top coat of s&c render though? if applying the acrylic thin coat on top!? would you basicaly render the job like a normal sand and cement job, flat face smooth finish.......then apply the acrylic coat after? then polish up with a plastic trowel. like these 2 clowns

Marmorit Thin Coat Acrylic Render Application - YouTube

Are these '2 fat bastards' in this video?:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.