Aches and pains

Members online

I thought it would be nice having some time off over Christmas, I wasn't prepared for all the little aches and pains though, I feel ten years older, reckon I should go to work and work it out the body. Anyone feel like that? I'm in my mid 40s and doc said my arthritis is in an advanced stage, pfff I'm ok if I don't stop I say.

Aches and pains, I wish that was the only thing I had. If anyone needed a good rest , it was me. Since boxing day I've had a virus, flu or cold.nose tripping me, headaches, fever etc.. Car engine either blew up or timing belt went. I've got cabin fever here because haven't left the house since xmass Eve.

Was supposed to have nice relaxing few weeks off, lots of orgoinc food and veggie juices. Walks with the kids and take them bowling, cinema etc... f**k**g disaster these holidays have turned out for us.

Aches and pains, I wish that was the only thing I had. If anyone needed a good rest , it was me. Since boxing day I've had a virus, flu or cold.nose tripping me, headaches, fever etc.. Car engine either blew up or timing belt went. I've got cabin fever here because haven't left the house since xmass Eve.

Was supposed to have nice relaxing few weeks off, lots of orgoinc food and veggie juices. Walks with the kids and take them bowling, cinema etc... f**k**g disaster these holidays have turned out for us.
f**k sake bud. Nightmare time of it. Freddie kreuger wouldn't get a look in way your lucks going then

By sounds of yer recent posts you pushed yerself too hard pre-xmas ,Mother Nature being the way she is has taken the break as an opportunity to sit you on yer arse. I'm same led up at mo since Boxing Day although went to flicks for couple hrs lastnight see sully about the pilot who landed on the river Hudson . Ok film. Tom hanks great actor.

By sounds of yer recent posts you pushed yerself too hard pre-xmas ,Mother Nature being the way she is has taken the break as an opportunity to sit you on yer arse. I'm same led up at mo since Boxing Day although went to flicks for couple hrs lastnight see sully about the pilot who landed on the river Hudson . Ok film. Tom hanks great actor.

I definitely did push myself recently but was hoping for a more relaxing period off. Hopefully I'll be OK in a day or 2 so I can get out and get some fresh air:coffe:. Few of the lads were thinking off all heading out NYE @ 12midday for the Celtic V newcomers game but the way I'm felling now, I'll be watching it in the house with a few lemsimps. :baba:

I definitely did push myself recently but was hoping for a more relaxing period off. Hopefully I'll be OK in a day or 2 so I can get out and get some fresh air:coffe:. Few of the lads were thinking off all heading out NYE @ 12midday for the Celtic V newcomers game but the way I'm felling now, I'll be watching it in the house with a few lemsimps. :baba:
I may try n wangle some tickets n see depending how I feel as am staying just round the corner from the ground, some chocolates are helping lol.
image.jpg

I may try n wangle some tickets n see depending how I feel as am staying just round the corner from the ground, some chocolates are helping lol.
View attachment 15479

You'll do well to get one because they are like gold dust. Insaying that, depends if your in the newco end:rayos:. Was offered one for our end but to much fcukig about to get there and with me being sick, will stay put and watch it here. :birras:

New aches n pains Often feel like saying sod the graft this time of year but then a bill arrives or holiday plans start forming or want new toys so I get back on the horse for another year while I still can .

You'll do well to get one because they are like gold dust. Insaying that, depends if your in the newco end:rayos:. Was offered one for our end but to much fcukig about to get there and with me being sick, will stay put and watch it here. :birras:
Only been twice first time directors box then in the stands, don't really do footie but is my bruv in laws team.
Go on the hoops!!!!!!
IMG_1669.JPG

If you get offered it again take it and give it to me

Stu, it's from my kids god parent over there and will only part with it for one of us here. There's loads of his mates wanting it in Glasgow but he said he wouldn't even give them a bus ticket lol. Would you not try outside on day of the game?

Stu, it's from my kids god parent over there and will only part with it for one of us here. There's loads of his mates wanting it in Glasgow but he said he wouldn't even give them a bus ticket lol. Would you not try outside on day of the game?
No mate, can't be arsed heading up without a ticket and being stuck outside the game. I'll just watch it in the house

No mate, can't be arsed heading up without a ticket and being stuck outside the game. I'll just watch it in the house

3-1 to the champs, us to get a very dodgy sending off seeing as the ref is an old rangers season ticket holder, his brother used to play for their youth/reserves and also season ticket holder and them to get a very dodgy penalty to score! Any other country this wouldn't be aloud for a ref like this to ref this game, but hey! Only in Scotland! Anyway, enjoy the game ;). Hail Hail

Last edited:
Have to agree with clemo, my fitness dropped since I stopped exercising, work isn't making me any fitter. Won't get fitter until I get off my arse and start going back to the gym again. This jobs hella easier when fitter, but does not, in my experience make u fit.

It's simple u don't get fit working. Get a man to dig a 6ft hole with a shovel to put his log in. Now that's hard work. Is he fit. f**k no.

Bullshit

Let's say I have a house to texture(by hand)
Im laying on a all day covering 200m2
The body is on the go none stop

A painter is sat down glossing skirting board

Who's the fitter guy?

You don't see many fat plasterers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullshit

Who's the fitter guy?

The one who go's to the gym the most

Bullshit

Who's the fitter guy?

I've seen a few fat plasterers tbf. More strain on the arms and joints doesn't make u fitter. U get used to the work and once u get used to it it makes no difference. To get fit, train. I dont see too many plasterers releasing fitness vids mate

I've seen a few fat plasterers tbf. More strain on the arms and joints doesn't make u fitter. U get used to the work and once u get used to it it makes no difference. To get fit, train. I dont see too many plasterers releasing fitness vids mate
I've been back training again. Got back in the ring about 6 weeks ago. Still not fully fit tbh can do 6 rounds but feel like 12. Still coaching to. Don't know what I was thinking getting back in the ring lol. Am going to box for charity 3 fights. Got my pro license back 2 weeks ago. Am boxing 3 different lads I used to box with years ago. Should be a good laugh. After the 3 fights am finished. Can't be at the training f**k**g killing me it is. Plus the hangovers don't help lol.

I haven't done a thing in a year an a half or so. Tripped over electrical cables Gettin off a trestle and buckled my ankle 2years ago and it still plays up now and again. Used go gym 3 times a week, and boxing twice a week. I've lost at least an inch off my arms and fitness is now pathetic. Could have done a wee 3.5mile run easily. Barely broke sweat. Was never fit enough for 6 rounds never mind 12.lol never done any competitive either, just sparring, pads and bagwork, and 3 rounds of sparring takes it out u never mind proper fighting. Fair fucks to u lol. And hangovers and training Defo don't go too well together lol

I've been back training again. Got back in the ring about 6 weeks ago. Still not fully fit tbh can do 6 rounds but feel like 12. Still coaching to. Don't know what I was thinking getting back in the ring lol. Am going to box for charity 3 fights. Got my pro license back 2 weeks ago. Am boxing 3 different lads I used to box with years ago. Should be a good laugh. After the 3 fights am finished. Can't be at the training f**k**g killing me it is. Plus the hangovers don't help lol.
Will any of them get on YouTube or anything like that , would like to see you in action Keith :cachetada:

I haven't done a thing in a year an a half or so. Tripped over electrical cables Gettin off a trestle and buckled my ankle 2years ago and it still plays up now and again. Used go gym 3 times a week, and boxing twice a week. I've lost at least an inch off my arms and fitness is now pathetic. Could have done a wee 3.5mile run easily. Barely broke sweat. Was never fit enough for 6 rounds never mind 12.lol never done any competitive either, just sparring, pads and bagwork, and 3 rounds of sparring takes it out u never mind proper fighting. Fair fucks to u lol. And hangovers and training Defo don't go too well together lol

3 rounds of amateur boxing is just as hard as 6 rounds pro tbh. The amateur is a sprint pro is a marathon. The hangover is my toughest opponent yet lol

It's going off topic here(for a change)
Clemo said plasterers aren't any fitter than other trades which I disagree with.
I'm under no illusion being a plasterer is keeping you fit.ive been doing it 25 years so probably know that by now!!

Of course walking around the site,up and down ladders,dragging the mortar hose or walking to and from the spot board isn't going to keep you in half descent shape is it??!!
It no different to a plumber fitting radiators.
I reckon I've seen a couple fat plasterers.loads of porky plumbers about

Not sure why I'm wanking on about it really.bored I suppose!!
Right I'm off out on the piss again

Clemo said plasterers aren't any fitter than other trades which I disagree with.
I'm under no illusion being a plasterer is keeping you fit.ive been doing it 25 years so probably know that by now!!

Of course walking around the site,up and down ladders,dragging the mortar hose or walking to and from the spot board isn't going to keep you in half descent shape is it??!!
It's no different to a plumber fitting radiators.!!

A fit spread or labourer should be able to get up a loft hatch unaided to retrieve the straight edges .
I'm not sure I still can though :D

Lol ffs. Ok u need to work out to get fit. Going up and down a ladder here and there is no good. Now if u go up and down the ladder nonstop for 3 minutes and take a 1min brake and do that for for an hour a day u will get a bit fitter. Now can u see.
Am right u are worng we are no fitter. But we have more stamina.

Lol ffs. Ok u need to work out to get fit. Going up and down a ladder here and there is no good. Now if u go up and down the ladder nonstop for 3 minutes and take a 1min brake and do that for for an hour a day u will get a bit fitter. Now can u see.
Am right u are worng we are no fitter. But we have more stamina.

I'm fit for plastering but f#ck all else