about to pop my blue-grit cherry

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1

:RpS_blushing: Just picked up 7 lids to plaster over painted light stipple. I have ordered a couple of tubs of the blue stuff for the first time and i am getting butterflies with anticipation, will it be love at first roll or will i be left feeling blue ?:RpS_crying:

Party pooper! I use the blue grit and rate it.i would leave it until the next day on ceilings,but have gone over it fine after drying a few hours on the walls.it probably adds a 3rd on your first coat,knock it flat fairly soon,then it stays wet for a while.

Party pooper! I use the blue grit and rate it.i would leave it until the next day on ceilings,but have gone over it fine after drying a few hours on the walls.it probably adds a 3rd on your first coat,knock it flat fairly soon,then it stays wet for a while.
Great stuff, but its the background that counts, not saying it will go wrong, just that it can, I have had a few recently, ending up scraping paint or artex off.

Yep your right asif,that's the risk you take with any reskims though isn't it.goes well your laughing,goes tits up and you can't believe it.

we alway scrape artex, and pva ,a different mix of pva to what we require for each ceiling,pattern,paint finish.
you know from the date the property was built if the plaster ceilings have been lime washed, distempered. then its an overboard

The hoose is not so old and the stuff seems solid enough, i would have pva,d and skimmed anyway.

we alway scrape artex, and pva ,a different mix of pva to what we require for each ceiling,pattern,paint finish.
you know from the date the property was built if the plaster ceilings have been lime washed, distempered. then its an overboard

what sort of dates before they stoped using distemper? had a painted ceiling bubble then come down the other day i hate the stuff lol!

what sort of dates before they stoped using distemper? had a painted ceiling bubble then come down the other day i hate the stuff lol!

distemper was in use up to 1960. how we test for distemper, just wet your hand and rub it on the ceiling, if there is white dust on your hand you have got it.

Blue gritted 2 lids yesterday and overskimmed today. Ooooh i laaaaak ittttt. You can really feel the multi gripping it, not always going to be convenient for domestics if i only have one lid to do i'd only want one visit, or it's sheeting up twice but i'm going to push for using it in future.
On the subject of plastering ceilings ,I turned up one morning as agreed to plaster a bedroom ceiling. While carrying my first lot of gear up the stairs the err lady of the house says "aaahl give me son a shout". I say "it's ok i can manage".
She replies "naaaa aaaal giv me son a shout to gerr outa bedddd" Feckin egits

Blue gritted 2 lids yesterday and overskimmed today. Ooooh i laaaaak ittttt. You can really feel the multi gripping it, not always going to be convenient for domestics if i only have one lid to do i'd only want one visit, or it's sheeting up twice but i'm going to push for using it in future.
On the subject of plastering ceilings ,I turned up one morning as agreed to plaster a bedroom ceiling. While carrying my first lot of gear up the stairs the err lady of the house says "aaahl give me son a shout". I say "it's ok i can manage".
She replies "naaaa aaaal giv me son a shout to gerr outa bedddd" Feckin egits

In the eighties while working on social housing re-vites we used to grt this all the time and to the extent that you could be working in a room with someone still lying in bed :RpS_laugh:

Had a ceiling that needed pulling down once, had to wait till they got out of bed, then they wanted me to leave the bed in the room and sheet it,mmm had to take it out, furniture out ,pictures on the wall etc, remove carpet, usual horrible black dust when it came down, then board skim, clean, carpet back bed back, bye bye...

At £40 quid for 10 lts? Once worked for an architect who insisted on this product on all surfaces but not happy to pay for it, so I made my own to this recipe..
1:1 pva and water two hand fulls of fine sharp sand one small handful of cement and a splash of blue food colouring and mix well in a builders bucket. Bon appitite.

Status
Not open for further replies.