A tricky one

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixit

I have a job to do patching a crack all the way round the top of a wall. The roof supposedly wasn't supported properly on a square house. Now the block at the top of the wall all the way round the house has been pushed back nearly 8mm in places. And large cracks all way round house. They have the roof properly supported now and I have to go in and patch up all cracks an fill out in places were it has been pushed back.

I was going to unibond and skim. Should I be using a flexible filler in the cracks as it could move slightly again. Or should I rake out the joint and maybe kango it back to block work and do something else. Anyone ever come across this.

Any pics! I've seen something like this before where the roofers didn't attach wall plate to the block wall properly and cracked all around the wall plate.

Will get photos next time i'm there. Forgot as usual. No cracks at the wall plate. Its one block below that it cracked. Looks terrible.

any decoration you do in the first 12 months is probably going to need re doing as it will all still settle

Not having seen it. You could use mortar resin. Rake out along the cracks. Hoover it out. Sbr it. Leave to dry and then squeeze in the resin. Then make good with S/c, bonding and then skim?

sounds like the property has had roof spread. you need to carry out crack repairs using resin to the block work then replaster the damaged walls.

Anyone used helibars in conjunction with resin before? I did once, didn't have a call back. Pricey but just wondered how effective.

that will move again price em for wall plate straps and heli bars the work needs investigating no good just filling the cracks it will happen again just tell em that's the way it is I would price em for knocking some plaster off around the top and investigating

sounds like the property has had roof spread. you need to carry out crack repairs using resin to the block work then replaster the damaged walls.
roof spread is what i think. They got joiners in to strengthen the roof and put new supports in. Its very bad. its even got a damp patch at the crack all the way round. Strange

we did this repair to rooms damaged by roof spread, under instruction from a structural eng.
cut off the plaster from top 2 course of blockwork. cut out cracked joints and fill with fischer resin. starting at the lintel, fit eml with blobs of resin in a 5 d*m**o pattern to lintel, carry on fitting eml all round the room with plug ,washer and screw. with the final length again fitted to the lintel with the 5 d*m**o pattern.
float and set blockwork with backing coat to match original.

Status
Not open for further replies.