A Spade is a Spade

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still a hawk
some barmpots down south olican, sorry to say i have to cancel that 10 house contract we were due to start next week, you know the one, you said keep it quiet dont tell anybody,but i cant work with any body who calls there handboard a hawk, i mean its not right is it,not natural like:RpS_thumbsup:

shovel not a spade up here, foreigner all the time, and of course the old favourite, the one thing thats guaranteed to get the arguements/threats/damage to property, yes youve guessed it the handboard, not a hawk but a handboard:RpS_thumbsup:

Ah ha a fello northerner! I've always called it a handboard,twitcher, trowel, gauger,gauge spade, fibre tape etc etc!

I always called it a foreigner but in grimsby they call it a barra job but they might be saying barrow. Tool brush/angle brush, tack/board, float/render,

shovel not a spade up here, foreigner all the time, and of course the old favourite, the one thing thats guaranteed to get the arguements/threats/damage to property, yes youve guessed it the handboard, not a hawk but a handboard:RpS_thumbsup:

Hawk, all day long:RpS_thumbsup:

Screeding once with a new labourer,nearing the end I asked how many wheel barrows were left , he replied "this is the only one I have seen" priceless....

but a shovel and a spade are different things

have you ever googled Handboard :confused:

butcher/ carpenter
ducks foot / Gauging Trowel

infact i just had a look through that link and there was not a single referance to it being a plasterers hawkboard

In over 35 years on site I have never ever, (until this thread) heard of a Hawk being called a Handboard

ditto brian,i am the same over 35 years experience like yourself and i have never heard a handboard called a hawwwwk,always has been a handboard up here

Here in scotland a private Job is called a home job or is normally shortened to hamer. Had a guy out working for me who asked where the Nintendo trowel was, he had meant to say internal but got mixed up, laughed for hours at that and it has pretty much stuck now.

Status
Not open for further replies.