A plumber and a plasterer ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

Was on my way to work the other day and I saw on the side of the van plumbing and plastering ? I saw another van advertising the same, I know people are trying to do more to get work but I'd sooner chop my arm off than be a plumber :RpS_biggrin:

Yeah you normally see general builder and plasterer but there's just something about a multi skilled worker that shouts cowboy to me

Plumbing is a straight forward profession and it complements plastering well because there are many ocassions where rads need to be removed etc :)

I guess but I can take a radiator off but I wouldn't call myself a plumber

I'm not keen on plumbing either. I tried to change taps in my bathroom once and it was the most cramped and fiddly experience you can imagine. You would have thought by now they would have designed a more user friendly layout :)

i have seen this more often this last 2 years than ever before,plumbers and joiners are the worst for it

If I could retrain again I would without doubt choose plumbing and gas, I hate getting full of plaster dust etc, I've got eczema and my hands are constantly cracking, why wouldn't you want to be a plumber?? Gas is sort of recession proof with all the boiler breakdowns etc..

Two trades would be nice,plumbing is protected from idiots more than plastering, I have met plasterers who can barely skim,"self thought" they tell me, think again I say in my head...

Loads of mate plumbers and they are always choker, £40-50 fast safety takes about 10 mins. They cream it in all the time. £300+ labour to fit a boiler a days work

£600 for a direct change in London, six hundred to flush out your system, lots of quick £50 jobs, we have min of a half day no matter what

I'm not keen on plumbing either. I tried to change taps in my bathroom once and it was the most cramped and fiddly experience you can imagine. You would have thought by now they would have designed a more user friendly layout :)
Yeah I can't even get my hands under a sink I don't know how they do it I think it's black magic :confused:

To find a good plumber for a whole house refit is difficult ,some want £10k plus for a 3 bed, some have no idea re BTU's, some have no eye for the layout of bathrooms and kitchens, my plumber last year knew nothing of UFH ,plastic pipes popping up everywhere without fear of nails and screws...

As with any trade you have good and bad regardless of qualifications. I've put on here a few times my trades, plumber,part 'p' spark to name two, i also had a business @23 yrs,, now i'm just leisurely doing handyman work, everybody wants half a dozen little jobs doing, if your stuck with one trade you find as many 'single trades' they are struggling for work or **** rates. Multitrades/ handymen are not cowboys , some might be though as there are in any trade. So you know how to take a rad off, what if a rad valve starts to weep or theres an air lock in the rad or you open the rad and no air comes out could you sort it?

Was on my way to work the other day and I saw on the side of the van plumbing and plastering ? I saw another van advertising the same, I know people are trying to do more to get work but I'd sooner chop my arm off than be a plumber :RpS_biggrin:
I suppose if you were a bad plumber it would be handy to be a plasterer with all the patching. :RpS_biggrin:

As with any trade you have good and bad regardless of qualifications. I've put on here a few times my trades, plumber,part 'p' spark to name two, i also had a business @23 yrs,, now i'm just leisurely doing handyman work, everybody wants half a dozen little jobs doing, if your stuck with one trade you find as many 'single trades' they are struggling for work or **** rates. Multitrades/ handymen are not cowboys , some might be though as there are in any trade. So you know how to take a rad off, what if a rad valve starts to weep or theres an air lock in the rad or you open the rad and no air comes out could you sort it?
Like I said I can take a rad off that's it anything else I'll call a plumber because its there job

Status
Not open for further replies.