80 boards a day

Members online

Barry we should lobby all the plasterers in merseyside and stage a mass down tools. no one shud work for less than an agreed rate and if every on adheres to it no firms in liverpool will be able to get work done unless they pay the standard rate. any scabs will be named and shamed. any outsiders will be hunted down. if everyone was behind it we could stop all the sites overnight and get our trade back. each area should do the same in small groups we could help get our trade from the toilet it is in. its about time the industry listened to plasterers, no other trade has suffered such a decline in wages - not even by a long shot the percentage difference is shocking, most wages are down 10% spreads are down 50 - 60 % its sick.

Im all for this

Come on then who is gonna organise it, my mates dad drinks in a dump around the corner from Lime Street his name is Tommy Winkle otherwise known as Tommy the Commie he is getting on a bit now but he is always up for something like this.

Icant believe you lads can afford to work for these prices you must be on only £300- £350 a week:-0

I wont do it for those rates lucius. I haqve a firm so to even pay lads that I would need at least an extra pound/m but the jobs I win on th plaster are far and few between in fact i throw most plastering tenders straight in the bin. I have a cut off point and that was reached long ago. why bother witha hard trade and stress when i can do shifts in a warehouse for the same money and learn german litening to my headphones at the same time? plus breaks! its ano brainer.

My new motto is stay at home and keep the money you already have instead of taking a plastering contract and losing money

well done jon butt.
I would rather earn 1 % of a hundred peoples efforts than 100% of my own fuckkin efforts.
Would I ?

Barry we should lobby all the plasterers in merseyside and stage a mass down tools. no one shud work for less than an agreed rate and if every on adheres to it no firms in liverpool will be able to get work done unless they pay the standard rate. any scabs will be named and shamed. any outsiders will be hunted down. if everyone was behind it we could stop all the sites overnight and get our trade back. each area should do the same in small groups we could help get our trade from the toilet it is in. its about time the industry listened to plasterers, no other trade has suffered such a decline in wages - not even by a long shot the percentage difference is shocking, most wages are down 10% spreads are down 50 - 60 % its sick.

carefull have you read ricky tomlinson`s book

I've only ever done 80 boards in a day once, and that was working with another guy.
We dabbed a corridor in a bock of flats, (all doorways had reveals) he was cutting and mixing, I was sticking.
Best I've done on my own was 55, in a house, screwboarding.
I think these days, if I had to board, would be maybe 30

everybody talk about the prices and i decide to say my opinion too.

the prices is a big DINOSAURS s**t even worse.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT NO ONE IN THE INDUSTRY RESPECT OR VALUE THE JOB OF A DRY LINER,EVEN THE MOST TRADERS DO NOT VALUE THEIR JOBS AND THEM SELF. IT SNOT BECAUSE EASTERN EUROPEAN RECESSION OR WHATEVER.

I HAVE THE CHANCE TO WORK FOR A COMPANY FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS AND NEVER WORKED ON PRICE WITH THEM .MONEY ALWAYS ON TIME OVERTIME AFTER 4 (1.5).THEY VALUE THEIR FORCE SO THE PAY FOR THIS.
MOST OF US WORK FOR 120/130 EASILY .

AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE NOT BUSY AND I AM FILLING THE GAP FOR ANOTHER COMPANY WITH A FRIEND AND IF I TELL YOU THE PRICE YOU WILL DROP YOUR JAW TO THE BOTTOM IN A SECOND .

WE ARE DOING FLATS (60 SQ.M IS THE UNIT) AND THE PRICE FOR A UNIT IS £240 .(60SQ.M CEILING AND 50 SQ.M WALLS.
THIS INCLUDE :
SECOND FIX WALLS
INSULATION
FLAT PLATE
MF CEILING (METAL+BOARD)
2 PIPE BOXES
MASTIC

SO THIS IS NOT EVEN A POUND SQ.M I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CALCULATE.

I MANAGE TO TO GET A FLAT DONE IN A 2 DAYS TO AT LEAST GET A GOOD DAY RATE PRICE .(DO NOT ASK ME HOW IS MY BACK )

WHEN I STARTED THIS TRADE A FLAT LIKE THAT COST AROUND £500
NOW IS HALF PRICE BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DECIDE THEY CAN DO A LOT OF MONEY ON OUR BACKS .
ITS NOT BECAUSE PRICES GOING DOWN.

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW A FLAT WHICH COST £200 000 5 YEARS AGO THEY USED TO PAY A GOOD DAY RATE MONEY AND NOW THE SAME FLAT COST £500 000 AND THEY PAY A POUND A SQ.M OR EVEN LESS.
SO WE BECOME LIKE £1POUD SHOP SERVICES.
THOSE COMPANIES I CALL THEM COWBOYS COMPANIES.

SOME OF THEM ARE:
MPG GROUP,STAN MORE,BDL, ASTINS,AND MANY MORE.

SPECULATION ROUGH TRADERS COWBOYS =UK CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY!

--
regards
Asen Marinov
www.drywalllondon.co.uk

Yip blame european work force for smashing uk pay structure, then the cheeky basxxxxs throw on dole. never rite

i am just wondering if i go to alex ferguson and offer him to play for a pound on a goal he would let me in and kick rooney out of his
£X00 000 a week salary .

a skill must be paid and must be paid well.

skimming and boarding are dead trades. its not going to change unless everyone refuses to do it. and i cant see that happening anytime soon coz there is too many people living hand to mouth. but then again they should all say sod it and sign on, get there council tax and rent paid and sit and wait till someone will pay the money again. its the same old people dont like other people earning money. ur on £3.50 a meter, u skim 80m a day, they go blimey hes done alright, next job its £3. so you do 85m, and they go blimey, hes still done alright, so next job is £2.50m......

skimming and boarding are dead trades. its not going to change unless everyone refuses to do it. and i cant see that happening anytime soon coz there is too many people living hand to mouth. but then again they should all say sod it and sign on, get there council tax and rent paid and sit and wait till someone will pay the money again. its the same old people dont like other people earning money. ur on £3.50 a meter, u skim 80m a day, they go blimey hes done alright, next job its £3. so you do 85m, and they go blimey, hes still done alright, so next job is £2.50m......

i really like the idea every one to stop working and not doing it .
the problem is that we need miracle this to happen

i do not understand why there is no unions federations or some kind of regulatory body which will protect us from thinks like £1.00 a m
for example next month will be a massive strike from people who will protest against the pensions scheme .
there will be a lot of looses for many industries on that day.
my point is we will rather go and do 85m on 3 instead of doing 80 on 3,50 again

i do not think what happen in the industry is legal because
you cant go on induction and they start talking this projects is a massive project and will be very nice to have that building and will be a lot of benefit for every one having this facilities ........the value of the project £150 000 000.......and goes on .
than you go to the company office and they give you the price list where you see a digit like £1.10 a sq m and you asking why is so low and the manager saying "well it is a really tough time the prices are very low now bla bla bla.....

so you standing front of him with a gear for £5000 and project cost £150 000 000 and a sqm cost £1.10 and this is legal ?

plasterers ,dryliners, construction workers =modern slaves !

everyone is just taking advantage of the current climate situation. in most cases the prices are still there. i still get what i was 2-3 yrs ago in 95% of cases. theres just a bit less of it. but again on site, a company would rather pay peanuts and then knock you if its rough, then pay a little extra and get it done right first time. its all very corrupt

Everyone on here knows that guys like Asen have helped kill the trade in this country by coming over here and lowering rates. I've nothing against Asen or any other foreign workers on a personal level as they're just trying to better themselves but until these people are stopped from coming over and working here when they're not needed then the British worker is fecked. Of course they never will be stopped as it suits big business to keep the workers down and hungry. Asen absolutely no offence intended.

At least there willing to work the countries full of lazy kents who are too happy to sign on

At least there willing to work the countries full of lazy kents who are too happy to sign on

There are also plenty of trades people from this country who are scrapping about for work who haven't a hope of getting enough work at decent rates while they're here.

i really like the idea every one to stop working and not doing it .
the problem is that we need miracle this to happen

i do not understand why there is no unions federations or some kind of regulatory body which will protect us from thinks like £1.00 a m
for example next month will be a massive strike from people who will protest against the pensions scheme .
there will be a lot of looses for many industries on that day.
my point is we will rather go and do 85m on 3 instead of doing 80 on 3,50 again

i do not think what happen in the industry is legal because
you cant go on induction and they start talking this projects is a massive project and will be very nice to have that building and will be a lot of benefit for every one having this facilities ........the value of the project £150 000 000.......and goes on .
than you go to the company office and they give you the price list where you see a digit like £1.10 a sq m and you asking why is so low and the manager saying "well it is a really tough time the prices are very low now bla bla bla.....

so you standing front of him with a gear for £5000 and project cost £150 000 000 and a sqm cost £1.10 and this is legal ?

plasterers ,dryliners, construction workers =modern slaves !

Everyone on here knows that guys like Asen have helped kill the trade in this country by coming over here and lowering rates. I've nothing against Asen or any other foreign workers on a personal level as they're just trying to better themselves but until these people are stopped from coming over and working here when they're not needed then the British worker is fecked. Of course they never will be stopped as it suits big business to keep the workers down and hungry. Asen absolutely no offence intended.

i do not know mate.
if you want to beleive this is your right to do it but do you really think i am investing in tools ,spending time to learn and trying to be more professional every day to go somewhere and someone with nice suit and fat ass to tell me 1.50 sq.m and i am the happiest person in the world .

i am not here to kill anything i am here to make money not to work for free.

i have signed to the forum to see what others experienced and to find some answers because i am angry with the current situation.
ido not want to blame anyone i want to find out how this can be changed .

and you no what next year we will do the same job for less and the transport will go up with another 10%