3rd coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can but it should never get to that stage really never do more than you can manage.

hey gps cheers for reply, i dont tend on doing 3 coats if i can help it, its just handy to know.

yeah i ve used a sponge float before, i got a really good finish with it, what the deal with doing big ceilings, do you sponge the whole ceiling, then flate?

at the end of the day it doesnt even really matter if youve got a crap finish aslong a it looks gud wen its painted if you know that you can get away with it whos the customer to say that youve havent done a gud job :-?

it should matter if you have done a good job, the customer is paying for u to do a good job, it is also about taking a bit of pride in your work.

I once saved a job on an artex wall by giving it a third coat. When giving the 2nd coat a finish trowel I noticed that there was still the impression of the artex and no matter what I did it was still there. I wish I had know about WBA at the time as I probably didnt pva well enough. Anyway the third coat solved the problem and gave me the finish I was working towards. Never would I leave a job without being 100% happy with the finish regardless of whether the customer thinks it is ok or not. Like gps said, its about taking pride in your work and the customer has paid for you to do a good job.

cheers for the advice, its just good 2 know that there is something i can do if it all goes tits up, also id never be able 2 leave a job until it was done properly, unless the customer is asshole

wat a said came out wrong a mean the job has to be good but wen its not all perfectly the same colour or something like that its still gona luk the same wen its painted :eek:

yeah i no what you mean, when i plaster a wall or ceiling its flat as pancake, but its not the same colour all over, what am i doing wrong.

The plaster doesn't all dry out at the same rate. Once its set it still takes a few days to dry properly. Thats why you advise customers to give your plaster at least 3 days before painting it. Depending on what you have done.

yeah i no what you mean, when i plaster a wall or ceiling its flat as pancake, but its not the same colour all over, what am i doing wrong.
I got this when I did my first couple of jobs. Worked with a spread who told me to cut down on the amount of water when wet trowelling, and thus eliminate any water marks. I told him to mind his own business but secretly took on board what he said. Everything looks much better now  ;D
At the end of the day once it's painted it doesn't really matter about water marks and the colour of the plaster but civilians seem more impressed with a consistent shade o' pink and often think you've mastered the art of sourcery.... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.