2O m ceiling. 3 m high.....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
On your own. What's the general thinking on doing these hights, access wise? Do you give youself a hard time running up and down ladders for 3 hours or scaffold out the whole room. Swings and roundabouts!!! I have one on saturday :razz:

Instead of irn-bru drink red bull it gives you wings:RpS_thumbup:
Other than that use stilts but you ain't got any have ya mate.

small tower on wheels best bet.

Think i read beddy talking aboot a wee tower that collapses doon and fits in the van! I usually have these ceilings off a set of lightweight stepps but i'm getting on lol

If you havent got stilts & you don't want to hire/buy a small tower or a load of trestles & planks.
instead of using 1 pair of steps use 2 pairs of steps & 1 plank.
I still do it like that now & again & the steps & plank are always on van so no hire costs etc..
And you should reach about 3m2 without getting down so you don't have to move it that much really & I never find it a problem moving it, it takes seconds inbetween loading the next hawk full up.
Put a hop up at the side make it easier to get onto the plank.
I did a 22m2 old farmhouse high ceiling like this last year no probs.
I didn't use stilts on it cause loads of dodgy floorboards.

Youngman Minimax Casper. About £250 + Vat for the base pack as in picture.

2O m ceiling. 3 m high.....

Wouldn't be without mine

If you do alot of domestics they've got to be worth it **** carrying 20 scaffold boards around you lot are cwazy kids

There you go Casper £250 tower,
only £200 to you you can use your £50 lottery winnings:RpS_thumbup:

Funnily enough Tony, i was just looking at that online! seems like the best solution and could be kept in the Transit without too much trouble!

get the adjustable feet like on the hire towers, those G** wheels in the picture are useless unless the floor is perfectly even, best thing I did buying one of them

4 stools 2 battens or 2 and 1, this is what i use. Done a 20m+ ceiling couple months ago doin this no probs.

You can get adjustable wheels Casper. I think they are about £80-90. Johnstone Leyland Decorator Centres have these towers on offer every couple of months. That's where I got mine. I have the G** wheel version.

Here's all the components. This place is expensive though. Best to get the product codes and ring Leylands.
https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/manufacturer/39/15/minimax/

Last edited:
Personaly mate i would price to deck it all out if they wont have it **** em why put your self out cos they unfortunately have a high celing.

orrrrrr buy a set of stilts and spend the night on them in ya house then youll be fine on them. (obviously dnt sleep in then, unless you have a massivley long bed)

We use towers from the company we get scaffold from similar to those youngman ones but they are double the width, and have adjustable height on the wheels. We used 2 of them at a cost of 100 notes on a 25m2 ceiling recently and it was a breeze to skim...hardly had to move the towers.

If you have got the storage buy the tower and charge it out to the customer at £100 a time. Easy money.

Be wary of hiring anything I did and made it pretty clear to the prick we were plastering on them and there going to get dirty he said yep no worries I went to pick up an extra section and he said they better come back as they went out, spent ages cleaning them we were using them for a week

Surely your better off with the wheels Richard? Do you keep yours in the van?

Mate sorry thats what I meant the wheels. I have used mine for all sorts of things even rendering as I have the version above but with a few extra sections so I can reach about 8m high.

Really? I've probably lost a few inches carrying all those bags of dust throughout the years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.