2 plastering questions for plastering pro's!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

1) if i have to board out a non square room and one corner if you can call it that, is about 125 degree angle how do i do it???? i can bud up the boards is with clever filing and then scrim the joint but how do i get that razor sharp look when i plaster???????????

2) if i were to use thin coat stop bead to break up a large area into more managable area's whats the best way to bond it onto the walls and would you be able to see the joining line when its all finished???? i've been told you can use scrim tape for this job and then just peel it off to leave a neat straight edge????? any pro's comments welcome cheers 8)

k, 125 angle, board out and scrim the joint..
lay the 2 walls on together, same time..
if your boarding out is straight you can use your feather edge when you first flatten to just bring out the corner, stick it in the corner and pull it out slightly form both ways, thatll give you your straght line..
flatten the rest and top as normal then when you flatten off second time you can either use your straight edge again or just use the trowel, cos your doin both wall at the same time you can give and take a bit from whichever side to get it straight..
theres adjustable corner trowels available but i really wouldnt bother, more hassle than their worth...

stop bead.. you keep on about using it to break areas up... dont.
how big is this area?
and if you really cant handle it in one go i'd suggest rolling the set..
mix up whatever youd normally mix up for a smallish set and lay it on...
flatten it
mix the same up again and top the first bit but keep going so your effectively laying on the second bit
flatten it
mix up same again and start topping where the first bit finished carrying on so you lay on the third bit
flatten it
go trowel the whole lot once
you should be nearly there now (unless its a 200 metre corridor ::)) so you'll only mix up enough to top the last bit..
flatten it and keep trowelling
the first bit should be about there by now with this trowel, the second bit will want one more and the third bit 2 more..
geddit?

no?

stick a bit of scrim at the half way point

plaster the 1st section
when its just had its 1st trowel ofter topping pull the scrim off
trowel it again
mix up and do the second section and top it, flaten it and give it a trowel
trowel the whole lot blending the two together..

break the wall up skim one and when it sets skim the other forget stop beads skim as far as your comfy with and feather into where you finish then on your next guage dilute some pva like piss then pva about a foot over where you finished and skim away...:)

no such thing as to big an area we done a 197 sq m ceiling two spreads and a labourer stop beads are for stopping

richardbrown said:
seanaline said:
no such thing as to big an area we done a 197 sq m ceiling two spreads and a labourer stop beads are for stopping

Bet it looked like S***
me and my granda did it when plasterers were plasterers no such thing as looking s..t im fourth gen plasterer

if my nan went on a 4 day course does that make her a plasterer?

seanaline said:
richardbrown said:
seanaline said:
When was that i would love to know when plasterers were plasterers, a couple of years ago was it ........Enlighten us PLEASE!!!!

Bet it looked like S***
me and my granda did it when plasterers were plasterers no such thing as looking s..t im fourth gen plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.