1st try of extra time

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

Had a large ( ish) ceiling to do today and was struggling for a lift with it so thought I would give it a try..... well impressed..... after 30 minutes of throwing it on the gear was all but as fresh as when I mixed it....... even went and made a brew and had my luck in between trowels...

Had a large ( ish) ceiling to do today and was struggling for a lift with it so thought I would give it a try..... well impressed..... after 30 minutes of throwing it on the gear was all but as fresh as when I mixed it....... even went and made a brew and had my luck in between trowels...
Agreed here bud.i don't care what others say I like it.

Just buy some cream of tartar from a supermarket. 30g for £1. Weigh how much is in one of those sachets and bobs your uncle for the measurement. £2 per Sachet per bag adds up on bigger gauges!!

Yea that's true, can't be far off the cost of using uni finish either then can it?
That's around 7/8 a bag some get it for isn't it?

Just buy some cream of tartar from a supermarket. 30g for £1. Weigh how much is in one of those sachets and bobs your uncle for the measurement. £2 per Sachet per bag adds up on bigger gauges!!

Tbh I thought it was a bit expensive. Sounds nothing but at 10m2 per bag, you would only getting paid for 9 with some of the prices quoted on here.

A tenth of your wages if you used it all week!! Feck that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not no, it works.

As does half a bag of sugar lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly never heard of that. How much you tartar sauce gets put in per mix?
I know about putting cement an all in but never this. They say ya learn something new everyday, well this is mine :frenetico:

Thought u had a bag of extra time last week.did u not use it?

@ Hail Hail…aye, tarter is an old skool method of of retarding the the setting time of your gauging…its good for controlling large large areas…I prefer smaller areas dope it up with lime and dash of dirty water goes like a train…Iv heard form some of the older hands that that human piss was used as a retardant…can say Iv tried that one, be cost effective though PMSL...

Yeah piss works too lol gauging the right amount gets messy though and it depends how much ale youve had the night before whether it works or not.

Honestly never heard of that. How much you tartar sauce gets put in per mix?
I know about putting cement an all in but never this. They say ya learn something new everyday, well this is mine :frenetico:

You need cream of tartar, the powder.

1298763.large.jpg

Not tartar sauce, the lumpy spunk for your scampy.

homemade-tartar-sauce.jpg

Using the right one will re***d the setting time, using the wrong one, christ knows but I doubt it'd be a good thing. :LOL:

PMSL…nice one Amigo…never noticed the tartar sauce ref lol…

Iv never tried the piss thing ( not yet ), just remembered my old Journeyman mentioning it, being a very young indentured Apprentice at the time I thought he was taking the PISS LOL…Plastering can be an esoteric Craft...

Status
Not open for further replies.