1930’s Render

Members online

mickdevon

Hi
Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to match the render on a 1930’s house I’ve just built an extension on. I haven’t got any idea on how to match it. I have taken some photos of a section that’s been removed and it looks like they have used another product on top of sand & cement to create the finish it appears yellow in colour. Thanks

Attachments

• 48455910-5C55-46DB-83C4-8B954F0C5BD7.jpeg
    48455910-5C55-46DB-83C4-8B954F0C5BD7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
  • 798AF385-36D9-4EBA-BEC6-83C85423DE30.jpeg
    798AF385-36D9-4EBA-BEC6-83C85423DE30.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
Hard to tell so close up

Could be slop dash or wet dash, or rough cast. Could be these on top of normal pebble dash...

Get an image up of 3 or 4 m²

You be better knocking lot off and not matching it at all
Can’t knock it all off chap it’s a five bedroom house ! It’s like hard as hell it would cost more to do that than the extension I’ve built. My thinking is that a extension should match the house not build a extension and change the house to fit the extension

Can’t knock it all off chap it’s a five bedroom house ! It’s like hard as hell it would cost more to do that than the extension I’ve built. My thinking is that a extension should match the house not build a extension and change the house to fit the extension
If it's hard as hell I would consider a thin coat system over the lot!

Here’s a couple other photos of it I have on my phone I will take a more zoomed out one when I’m back there Monday.

Attachments

• 981BB1BB-5F0C-4BB8-A9D0-6D146DDEC213.jpeg
    981BB1BB-5F0C-4BB8-A9D0-6D146DDEC213.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 108
  • F57CBB7E-A151-4138-8C81-ACAAA813E8C1.jpeg
    F57CBB7E-A151-4138-8C81-ACAAA813E8C1.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 101
You could mess around working out a way of getting similar look
As old neighbours if they know how it was done
As @smoother09 said possible go over everything after anyway with thin coat
Or choose a hybrid property - main part existing render new part completely different external material

Hi
Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to match the render on a 1930’s house I’ve just built an extension on. I haven’t got any idea on how to match it. I have taken some photos of a section that’s been removed and it looks like they have used another product on top of sand & cement to create the finish it appears yellow in colour. Thanks
job for @Casper that......everything he does is ruff, be able to match that perfect without even trying

Hi
i dunno but we just had the whole house removed of this stuff and it was 5 days work in total. an absolute nightmare. the bricks were mostly ok but the odd face would come off. from the fragments it's basically a concrete with 2-4mm aggregate and texture appears to be cement slapped on like artex. If you house is anything like ours it had layer and layers of masonary paint ontop also

1930s I bet it’s a Roughcast, back in the day then they used to dash most houses the best finish by far too in my opinion mate , we still advise Roughcast finish on jobs now Tbf

It's a new extension, put a new finishing on it.
If you match the finish to the main house and a few years down the line they want the main house done then they will have to match the extension.
You are not matching any uneven, out of plumb plastering on the internal work?