15mm or 10mm mono finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Just pricing a few jobs and never done mono at 10mm finish.

1 customer has asked for 10mm finish to save on materials and I'm wondering if other have finished at this thickness, even though weber data sheet says minimum 15mm.

all rendering I do I fully mesh so just wondering about the thickness

cheers lads, Mac

you need to mesh in the rend aid coat, you do not want the scrim to show through.
weber want a least 15mm, because they are trying to sell you extra material !

So what you save on pral m you spend on rend aid.

seems to be a lot going on the wall around here, Iv only seen 10mm beads and I'm guessing they would only mesh the stress points, therefor saving on materials, time and most importantly money.

When the customer is telling you how to do it ,walk away ,never heard someone telling me how thick to put it on ,to be honest

What background you going on?

Multiple substrates on multiple jobs

like said 1 customer has mentioned thickness and it has go me thinking, plus I have seen other jobs with 10mm beads on as they stick out like a sore thumb as I use the bigger 15mm.

the reason I'm asking is to see if I can bring my cost down slightly as it seems to be going the same way as plastering, everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

keith, I don't stick beads on I use fir tree fixings

Don't let the customer tell you what's what your the plasterer you tell them from the start
Otherwise they try an manipulate you

It needs to be forgotten what the customer has said, it was mentioned by 1 customer and I have seen 10mm beading on 90% of jobs I pass that are not my own, hence why I'm asking

i just wanted to know if others finished @ 10mm and were ok even though Weber state 15mm.

Multiple substrates on multiple jobs

like said 1 customer has mentioned thickness and it has go me thinking, plus I have seen other jobs with 10mm beads on as they stick out like a sore thumb as I use the bigger 15mm.

the reason I'm asking is to see if I can bring my cost down slightly as it seems to be going the same way as plastering, everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

keith, I don't stick beads on I use fir tree fixings
The risk is yours my friend ,not a road i would or need to go down , no mesh next ? ,a good neat job done right by the book is worth the money imho

How can yo tell they're. 10mm beads

Easy enough by eye.

You risk the brick joints grinning through at 10mm. I sell the manufacturers spec and how 'others can cut corners to keep the price down', when things go wrong and you have done everything by the book then you will win your day in court. That barsteward K. grainger from W will never have one on me.

As for the ones that do cheap jobs then there will always be the customer who wants someone cheap. Not my part of the market.

But yes, round South Yorkshire there is a lot at it now.

I'm sure lots of spreads have used 10mm float beads dabbed on and left a decent job and the only way I could tell if I walked up the garden path and knocked on the door and asked the person living there can I measure the beads

Easy enough by eye.

You risk the brick joints grinning through at 10mm. I sell the manufacturers spec and how 'others can cut corners to keep the price down', when things go wrong and you have done everything by the book then you will win your day in court. That barsteward K. grainger from W will never have one on me.

As for the ones that do cheap jobs then there will always be the customer who wants someone cheap. Not my part of the market.

But yes, round South Yorkshire there is a lot at it now.

thanks rigsby, just to clarify every mono job I have done has been 15mm, full mesh and double meshed on stars points.

i presume there are guys around here not meshing and going 10mm which will save a fair wack.

also rigsby, what's the crack with k grainger, andy cooper has put me onto him regarding an ewi job and some extra training, if you want to pm me that would be great as a heads up.

i was talking to them yesterday regarding systems and they were telling me they we having big problems with people buying boards, fixings, renders all from differing manufacturers and nobody having a clue about any warranties or guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.