14.4v or 18v li-ion makita screw gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I see what you're saying warrior, but they're both 3amphour batteries, the only difference being the voltage.
Do the screwguns need 18v? The 14.4v version is a lot lighter too!
Plus... Could do with saving myself 120sheets.

Seems like a no-brainer doesn't it? Ha!
Was just curious to see if anyone had any bad words to say about the 14.4v version.
Going to order it tom, so if anyone has any last minute advice speak now.
;-p

Bruce Willis said:
warriorupnorth said:
Yep bang on mate , had mine 2 years now, nice an light an powerfull
yeh but what about the screw gun Warrior?

yeh that's ok as well ;)
RMK said:
Seems like a no-brainer doesn't it? Ha!
Was just curious to see if anyone had any bad words to say about the 14.4v version.
Going to order it tom, so if anyone has any last minute advice speak now.
;-p

just buy the bloody thing , your a spread you can afford it ;)

Absolute pile of crap! Bought one, jammed! Had it replaced, jammed! Lobbed it against a wall, boxed it back up, got my money back and bought a Hilti. You asked.

That's not the point mate. I've always said buy cheap, buy twice, and this will be the first time I've bought the cheaper version of something I need for work.
Literally just wanted to know if there were any horror stories, that's all.
I'll shut up now.
Can't believe it's back to work tom! Whoop!

Have a look on the tips page under Impact wrench (i think) we had a chat about it on there, Tony M said the same thing then, but each to their own. ;D

ha ha... ordered the makita today.
cheap as chips for what it is! really chuffed with the deal i got.
at the end of the day i don't spend THAT much time screwing to studwork, but got a ma-hooooosive barn conversion job coming up where i recon it would pay for itself.
fingers crossed it doesn't jam!
cheers for the feedback!

if it just came down to 18 versus 14.4 then someone explained it to me that the voltage is the power and the amphours is the tank, you dont need a nutter machine to fire drywall screws in, my little 14.4 site cordless drill works all day for me.... if you wanna be sds drilling concrete then yeh, go for the 18, 24 or even 36v but for drywalling 14.4 is easy adequate, what you wanna worry about is how far it will go on a battery, and 3ah is plenty, enough for tony even...
when it comes to screwguns though, i hate the f'ckers... wont use em, but then the most ive got to do is board 1 ceiling a day...
if you really need one though, id send the makita back, listen to the lads and buy the hilti... you will never go wrong with a hilti...

i got hilti,very happy on the with then on the whole,they still jam,but not that frequently.
14 volt ok for 9.5 -12 mm boards with 30 mm but start fireing 50 mm screws into overboarded ceilings fire board and sound block and see your battery die b4 your very eyes.18v lithium is whats required in my opinion be it collated or standard.

the best collated screw gun on the market at the mo is the protool one it is the sister tool to festool ,u no what im saying 8)

Bought it, will give it a fair trial. If it's rubbish it'll go straight on ze eBay!
Simples!
;-)

do carlsburg make one ??? because if thay do it will probley be the best ;)

Good point kebab. Will give that a go... eventually, but for now I shall
make do with whatever makes the job easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.