1 house 1 day??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicksey 80m is not impossible float /set i am going back 15 years working2/1 squad browning/ skim you had to do 100m per day everyone else did it you had to aimed for 100m just to get a wage in, the price was only £2.25 per meter so thats £225/£250 between 3 per day so our weeks pay averaged 15/20 years ago £400 for me and my m8 and around £325 for the lab

100m was a normal day my m8 and I did 50m each the lab rubbed up and knocked up and cleaned up we where a good neat and clean squad, this was a 8.15 start and allways away for 3.00/3.30 so I did this for 10 years same firm, most other firms paid £2.10 per meter at the time,like i say just used to it as and when we where skimming the price was £1.65 per meter so we had to do 200 m per day between us  my m8 and I usually did 3x 30 m batches each and the lab skimmed around 20m per day or troweld up with us

now if all I was doing was float/ and set and my gear was knocked up ready 50 m to me was a normal 6/7 hour day so if i had 12 hours in a day i would have been able to float/set 80 m no problem but i aint done float and set for 15 years so there would be no chance of me doing that area now but without taking the p yes i could do it no problem, but so could most other squads

Mixing in a wheelybin haha thats a cracker ;D imagine trying to get the plaster out from the last quarter :eek:

Wheelie bin you just gave me an idea at the moment i have been using a cut down waterbutt for mixing hardwall and very large sets if i cut down a wheelie bin i could also use it to cart kit to and throw and mix in just add a handle to it heypresto now where can i get a wheelie bin from????

Wheelie bin you just gave me an idea at the moment i have been using a cut down waterbutt for mixing hardwall and very large sets if i cut down a wheelie bin i could also use it to cart kit to and throw and mix in just add a handle to it heypresto now where can i get a wheelie bin from????
i use weelies for waterboshes,try these for mixxin mate( https://www.ecosure.co.uk/acatalog/Circular_Loft_Tanks.html )25 gall-6-7 bags off backin,40 gal-10-12 bags keep um clean they last 6 months,get um at any plumbers merchant

I've been in this game a long time and work with another plasterer, so we knock up for ourselves, both good clean tidy trowels so to speak who leave nice standard.When we float and set with hardwall if we use 30 hardwall and skim i'm very happy with my days work, the next day we will use roughly the same amount and can achieve this all year if theres enough work in front of us, in this game theres a lot of bullshitters who talk rubbish and i reckon i've met my fair share!

lewis said:
hi eveyone i used to work wiv my mate who has been plasterering same amount of time as me which is only about 1 year..
recently we have gone our seprate ways and he has started working with a very well known spread ...today he reckons that him and four spreads floated and set a 5 bedroom house with 9 foot walls and it also had a new kitchen in they went round.. they left home at 5 and got back around 7..this just seems mad i just cant belive it i must be going seriously wrong somewhere...they rek they doing another one 2moz and another on saturday..
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good plasterer with a good labourer should float and set 70m2 in day

plastering tutor said:
lewis said:
hi eveyone i used to work wiv my mate who has been plasterering same amount of time as me which is only about 1 year..
recently we have gone our seprate ways and he has started working with a very well known spread ...today he reckons that him and four spreads floated and set a 5 bedroom house with 9 foot walls and it also had a new kitchen in they went round.. they left home at 5 and got back around 7..this just seems mad i just cant belive it i must be going seriously wrong somewhere...they rek they doing another one 2moz and another on saturday..
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good plasterer with a good labourer should float and set 70m2 in day

Is that a good one or a quick one ?

hi everyone, im new to this site so just having a look on it and thought i would reply to this.
cant see it myself, me and another plasterer covered about 110 sm in a day, that was evgerything preped and ready, no beading, no nothing just skim, and let me tell you, a fookin grafter, it was on a metre rate, just think anymore and you will not get a nice job and will definatly have to keep going back

we all hear stories like this and its complete bull, i had a plasterer tell me the other day that he laid up 5 massive ceilings in one set when i saw his work on site it was disgusting.

Take some pride in your work and do it properly

Rich Brown

i do know a plasterer who hit 200m in a hospital tho...no bull...and extremly good work....i thyink a 40m ceiling is a big one and anyman who says he can hit more than that is superhuman in my book.......i have also seen a floor screeder get through 46 tonnes on sand in a day..no bull...little irish fella with 2 polish laboureres......it was a sight to behold....quite amazing

i did a twelve bucket ceiling today ;D.........on me tod and had a breakfast inbetween while completing my latest novel "i love the smell of my finger in the morning" ::)

spunkybum said:
i did a twelve bucket ceiling today ;D.........on me tod and had a breakfast inbetween while completing my latest novel "i love the smell of my finger in the morning" ::)

Whats a 12 bucket ceiling ???

Rich

have you seen the new coving made by ewfbinad ?.......they call each segment buckets ??? for some reason and are 3m lin long so i skimmed a 12 bucket ceiling :)

no same guy who did the 200 on hospital in germany,top work,i stick to 100,plat saw dust whilst waiting for set and whistle dixie through my arse.lay on with midget trowel left handed,whilst standin on one leg.beat that,and a1 finish every time. ;)

you are super human tho gw. :eek:)
.....i do mix for myself on a 40 tho..cause ive had enough of 19 year old re***ds...if theres more than that i get another plasterer or a crew together...i was just saying 40 is a fairly big hit on your jack jones..weell for m,e anyway

30m2 is a big set on your own im fed up of all this " I lay 100m2 set's " rubbish i have been arround long enough to know its crap.

Rich

richard....dunno about .100m sets .but 100 in a day poss .3hits x 33 m ish per set possible in summer...i know ive done them in barns...but need the wall space or ceiling space to do it...its not rubbish, and ive only been around 4 ish yeaRS AND I CAN DO THEM......thats good quality work as well, no need for filler and all that,,,,but could i do that on a regular basis....never, your arm wouldnt last long at all..best day ive got thru 12 bags by myself and mixing for myself...started at 7 finished lol well late lol...average day for me is 6 to 7 bags if hits allow it......it was grand just saying 40 iush average, yeah i sippose if u had labourer rolling a bag all the way...but 40 for me and mixing,,ive got a sweat on at the end of it...and know ive earnt me money....then again ive only been at it 4 years

phippsy333 said:
richard....dunno about .100m sets .but 100 in a day poss .3hits x 33 m ish per set possible in summer...i know ive done them in barns...but need the wall space or ceiling space to do it...its not rubbish, and ive only been around 4 ish yeaRS AND I CAN DO THEM......thats good quality work as well, no need for filler and all that,,,,but could i do that on a regular basis....never, your arm wouldnt last long at all..best day ive got thru 12 bags by myself and mixing for myself...started at 7 finished lol well late lol...average day for me is 6 to 7 bags if hits allow it......it was grand just saying 40 iush average, yeah i sippose if u had labourer rolling a bag all the way...but 40 for me and mixing,,ive got a sweat on at the end of it...and know ive earnt me money....then again ive only been at it 4 years

I didnt say 100metres in a day is rubbish i set 100 metre sets is rubbish and i can tell you that most jobs you will be on it will be near impossible to do 100 metres in a day you have to have a pretty big and also low walls and ceilings to achieve that on your own. Most new builds are tiny so 100 metres is probably 2 beds,bathroom and landing and you aint gonna do that on your own or look at me this week massive house very high walls and ceilings so again your not going to achieve anything like 100 metres.

Its the old fishermans tale of yeah i do xxxxx metres per set, in the right situation we all can.

Rich b

20-30 on a hit plenty on you own.an thats when circumstances permit.case of cutting you cloth to suiet.sure when need arise decent runs etc we can all knock out decent meterage.but wouldnt wont it day in day out.esp on domestic with all that comes with it.

the most ive ever seen done was 9 bags and i witnessed it myself and will swear on your kids life it happened .....but the lad was so f**k*d after i was better prepared for the next day than him having done the same amount in two sets .....i think if you go past the three bag stage you need to flatten the first coat .....so if you can get 5/6 on and have two sets youre on twelve bags a day or break it down to 3 4 bag sets and you still need to flatten so you might aswell go for the bigger sets if the job allows .....or do 3 3 bag sets dont flatten and youre not killing yourself

richardbrown said:
phippsy333 said:

I didnt say 100metres in a day is rubbish i set 100 metre sets is rubbish and i can tell you that most jobs you will be on it will be near impossible to do 100 metres in a day you have to have a pretty big and also low walls and ceilings to achieve that on your own. Most new builds are tiny so 100 metres is probably 2 beds,bathroom and landing and you aint gonna do that on your own or look at me this week massive house very high walls and ceilings so again your not going to achieve anything like 100 metres.

Its the old fishermans tale of yeah i do xxxxx metres per set, in the right situation we all can.

Rich b
here here....12 bags was on a barn and 4 hits in the day..and it killed me, but i had a moto gp weekend to go too....so needs must on that occasion

Its up to the individual how they want or have to work ,we all know that prices are low and prolly will never get any better and they will never match the price of the cost of living but i suppose in life you get anything for nothing, but like others have said Ive been around long enough to know in this game the harder you work your body the quicker it will let you down when your young you think your bullet proof and stick two fingers up at advice but plastering is a tortoise and hare race

i get told on site by the time served lad too church..........slow down youll hurt yourself/youre back will go....... ive had a good start on the job im on and im trying to keep doing what im doing but the odd half day has started kicking in ...thats why i worked today cause i want to do what i was doing at the begiining of the job but know its taking me seven days to do five days work........im chasing it ;D..live and learn spunkybum

......true ;).......church i imagined you acting all evil dressed in a dinner suit when you said that last post ;D.......

;D................oh no now its a cocktail dress :-[.....

most ive seen done is 15 bags on one giant wall at british airways hq in harmondsworth guy was knocking up in a dutbin and shovelling the finish onto board he lost it and me and big rab pissed ourselfs

Status
Not open for further replies.