£160 Marshalltown trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
This was on ebay for £160 sold.Nice trowel but would you really pay £160 for it?
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_1(1).jpg

Feck that, upset me paying £45 for a new normal one.

I thought one looked like either charlie chaplin or hitler.

One thing for sure, not many who spend their lives attached to one make the ton.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

if a trowel was £200 you would still pay it though... chippy tools are damn expensive... plasterers get off quite lightly I think in the grand scheme of it :D

if a trowel was £200 you would still pay it though... chippy tools are damn expensive... plasterers get off quite lightly I think in the grand scheme of it :D

I agree completely but most plasterers ive met seem to be borderline pikey when it comes to buying tools.
I know lads who will buy buckets from asda and make their own hop ups rather then spend a couple of quid.

I agree completely but most plasterers ive met seem to be borderline pikey when it comes to buying tools.
I know lads who will buy buckets from asda and make their own hop ups rather then spend a couple of quid.
Never mind all that " der yer loyk der daggs" :rolleyes:

Yep cheap tools and material's... we must have the biggest margins out of all trades

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Plastering's got one of the lowest setup costs of any of the trades, along with painting and decorating. You can get away with minimal tackle.

Chippying, especially 2nd fix, is a bloody nightmare. You can buy cheap gear, but the boys with the best gear have the opportunity to do it quicker and to better tolerances, so make better money. It's an arms race.

Some bugger will invent an automatic plastering machine one day. That'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

Plastering's got one of the lowest setup costs of any of the trades, along with painting and decorating. You can get away with minimal tackle.

Chippying, especially 2nd fix, is a bloody nightmare. You can buy cheap gear, but the boys with the best gear have the opportunity to do it quicker and to better tolerances, so make better money. It's an arms race.

Some bugger will invent an automatic plastering machine one day. That'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons!
Not with my readers wives subscription and 40+ and grannies do owt for cash !! And my alcohol bill it all adds up in this filthy dusty game

Thats why i got a G4 !!lol

I dont smoke i just enjoy a tipple out of my flask of coffee....... did i say coffee i meant irish coffee ........ well without the coffee cant waste space in my flask with that crap !!

come on scottie 5 -------------- give me a break, :inocente: its not true about us yorkshire lads being careful with our wads :inocente::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.