Which modern renders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were looking to use some of these renders I would think bout krend course etc you pick up all the ins outs and just helps you out that little bit more if you no what I mean

Thin coat renders look ideal with the acrylic finish...whats the point in using mono or sand and cement if you can just apply a stabiliser then basecoat then acrylic sounds very straignt forward and no need for machine...what are the disadvantages of this method?

it's a bit like an external dry lining in that it has lots of little coats which need to dry before the next one is applied so is time consuming too. Oh and yes you can use a machine for the all the coats especially the finish.

Goody less showed me that spray acrylic finish they have in the store it was a lovely finish almost like a very fine tyrolean can this only be acheved with a sprayer

we're spraying marmorit presto at the moment and thats lovely gear to spray , you can spend some time ruling it and getting it nice , it stiffens on the wall after its been sprayed fairley quick but a quick flatten in with the trowel brings it back , and it hold up well over night , we find it better to use 10mm beads rather then 15mm with it though (but you need to dab the beads up rather then dryfix them)

havent used parex for a couple of year but only used their GF which is really fine but i thought it was great gear to use and cos its so fine you can get it really flat with I section

freed - mono would be cheaper and quicker as what you do with the mono you gotta almost do with the same with the basecoat on the other system anyhow before you then apply your acrylic along with sealers/primers etc. dapends on the finish you want also. you can achieve any colour on earth from an acrylic finish

I looks like machine is the way forward...might try and get to a Krend course see what all the fuss is about!

Status
Not open for further replies.