What would you want a trainee/labourer to offer you??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex

Hi
I'm sure many of you have read my posts lately and an interesting idea was thrown up that labourers and trainees always say what they want from a plasterer but not what they offer in return...

soo I am planning on sending out another batch of emails and cvs this week so I was wondering what you guys would suggest as an idea of what you want long term from a trainee...

Thanks
Essex

i think the only chance of you getting a position as a trainee plasterer is if there is a medium size building firm in your area that has a work base of day work employees.
if you are a school leaver then your chance would be higher as you would be paid less money. and would have a longer time to train before you needed full pay.
most plastering firms are piece workers, who just go to work earn their money as quick as poss and go home.
at this moment in time there is no need for anyone to bother to train a plasterer,there are plenty walking the streets.
i know of experinced plasterers ,that have been laid off building sites and have not worked for weeks
if i was you i would aim my sights higher, and reconsider your position

interested ,honest and hardworking, punctual ,willing and able to learn,personable with clients, clean and tidy and able to remember stuff your boss forgot...

interested ,honest and hardworking, punctual ,willing and able to learn,personable with clients, clean and tidy and able to remember stuff your boss forgot...

I have had all the above only to told a lie. I would like to hear something like in return for...... I hope to be able to give you a person who you will find to be reliable, give you gratitude, and hopefully make a good profit from me in exchange for giving me the opportunity to learn a skill. Wages whilst I am your trainee is not as important as learning plastering is. Hopefully I will be a long term employee etc... I am prepared to buy my own quality tools and ppe and cause no personal expense to yourself.

I will finance any H&S requirements like cscs cards and nvq requirements etc.

You may not be looking for someone right now but could you keep my letter on file for future consideration.

Send out you letters to the same contractors every 3-4 months. Try putting a card up in the local builders merchants.

Thanks rigsby I got to say that doesn't sound bad thanks mate :) appreciate your all your comments thanks

I like the people i work with to be able to make me laugh, with them or at them, doesn't matter to me.

Maybe also mention that as the economy as it is that you realise there will be times when you will need to be laid off so no pressure there. There are people who want to teach but when work gets short it is uncomfortable laying people off but if you make them aware this could happen and are ok with it, it may just inspire them to give you a trial.

I will do rigsby thanks alot I can understand that work is abit thin on the ground haven't had any replies in over a week now today going to sit and send out the updated email I created yesterday and post some letters. Thanks rigsby

by jove i think we have found someone genuinely interested in learning and working hard, good luck essex hope you find something:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.