What system to use, performance and price

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartpetty

Hello

Im looking for some advice. We are currently having an extension on our home, one completed we want the original part of the house (1920 solid brick) to be externally rendered.

Im wanting to use a local company, im aware that im probably not going to be able to get a green grant unless I go with a larger national company.

However Im really just asking for advice on the best system to go with in terms of cost-performance.

I have heard comments from a couple of rendering companies that K-Rend isn't as good as products from Parex, however there is also Wetherby's which seem good in terms of price.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Stuart

There are a number of systems suitable. And if you post your location there may be a certified applicator that can help you get funds

Hello

Im looking for some advice. We are currently having an extension on our home, one completed we want the original part of the house (1920 solid brick) to be externally rendered.

Im wanting to use a local company, im aware that im probably not going to be able to get a green grant unless I go with a larger national company.

However Im really just asking for advice on the best system to go with in terms of cost-performance.

I have heard comments from a couple of rendering companies that K-Rend isn't as good as products from Parex, however there is also Wetherby's which seem good in terms of price.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Stuart
Alumasc its the best on the market bit pricey but its worth it

There isn't much in he top brands to be honest.

Stick with a manufacturer as in a company who make the products they supply not a third party brand.

Parex have a very good base coat for Ewi system. It will outperform most on the market for longevity and compressive strength. It also has a very high polymer content. Nearly 50% more than some out there.

The base coat is an important factor in the Ewi system.

Sto is also very good. So is ivas, enewall, Knauf marmorit, dryvit.

Spin the wheel and pick one.

Does webers slicon system need lac dabs as well fixings on the esp to be installed correct?

Base is LAC easy to use and work with. Can rub it or trwel it to a finish. 6mm

Weber sil is good to use but takes ages to fully cure especially in colder months can wash off days after. The buckets are small and weak tho. You only need to look at em and the bottom crack and your texture lost. God knows how many get scrapped from damage. Sort it out weber

Status
Not open for further replies.