What is the best render option for this extension?

atsgmo

We are extending and renovating our kitchen and have just installed bifold doors and a new large window. The original brickwork is on the right of the photo and the new brickwork is on the left where the bi-fold doors are.

As you can see the original brickwork is about 30 years old and looking tired so I want to render it to make it all match and look nice and give it longevity. But I am really unsure whether to go for a simple cement render or the more expensive silicon/K -rend.

Budget is of course important - leading to me down the sand/cement option. But I also really would like a smooth finish and don't really want to repaint to every 5 or so years like I need to with cement. But I worry that silicon render also has its drawbacks.

Can I get your professional view as to what would be the best option here (and perhaps how much you think this job should cost)? I've been quoted £4.5K for a sand/cement render (including the extension side along the path on the right hand side of the photo).

Many thanks
Michael
PXL_20231029_112631465.MP.jpg

@ that budget

Sand cement is ok needs to be done by a real pro / not a builder who rocks up with 2 ton of building sand & a car wash sponge .

You got few options, sand and cement like someone mentioned, basecoat with mesh, either rubbed up smooth or with silicone on top or k rend. I'd personally go the silicone way if it was my house but thats just my preference. Id order some samples from different brands like eco rend, ewi, k rend and compare them

The rest of your house is pebbledash, to tie it all together I’d pebbledash the new - it’s maintenance free, rock solid and will give the building a substantial look. A mix of the old pebbledash and a new smooth render disconnects it all and imo is crap design.

The rest of your house is pebbledash, to tie it all together I’d pebbledash the new - it’s maintenance free, rock solid and will give the building a substantial look. A mix of the old pebbledash and a new smooth render disconnects it all and imo is crap design.
Like a 1975 council house look