Weber ocr

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly Ian, once you have the machine you haven't got to worry about finding that extra man's money week in, week out.
And have a longer working life yourself cos you ain't broke yourself handballing.

yep ur on the way.. so whats the plan of attack ? master this and get a mixing pump later on or take it as it comes ?

Would be nice to get much more render jobs as I get more job satisfaction from those and I was bought up on ewi.
Gonna push for the render jobs more this year, depending on that will decide the machine status.

Smooth renders are sh*te I don't know why people still do them, they don't weather well, and crack in no time.

It's not rubbish, rough textured finishes are more resistant to rainwater penetration, water runs over them differently, less likely to be drawn into the render than with a smooth render.

Traditional smooth floated renders are shite most last 2 years then crack up.

If that's your opinion fair enough.80% of my work is sand & cement and it lasts a lot longer than that!!
There a site down the road from me,they used k rend 10 years back.its covered in cracks and is black everywhere.
A lot of modern renders are better but sand and cement still has a place.
The only people that see it doesn't are manufactures.

I've also seen K Rend and Parex crack, but these have a rough textured finish when scratched back, and are less likely to crack this is probably due to application, or movement underneath rather than material/weathering. And they can be clean at low pressure to get rid of all the algae etc.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using a site mix, I'm saying a floated finish is too open to weathering. Maybe certain areas of the country/locations would be ok but certainly not in the South-West - Wales etc. Nothing wrong with site mix, then tyrolean, dashing etc.

Drive around Bristol for the day and pretty much every smooth render you see and there are thousands of them are riddled with cracks. There is a reason for this and it is due to the way water runs over the surface, if the render is over floated when finished you are f**ked.

Like someone else said mate your talking bollox. This is why I don't come on often having to read drivvle like that. How long have you been renderiong mate? Ten minutes? Tool

Probably because all of the smooth render you have seen have been done by people with little or no experience with it, a sand and cement render done correctly will last a hell of a lot longer than 2 years.

Freed I hardly post on this forum but you wind me the f*ck up you go on like you know all sorts and everyone on this forum is reading what you type knowing you haven't got a ******* clue ye silly ****

I've also seen K Rend and Parex crack, but these have a rough textured finish when scratched back, and are less likely to crack this is probably due to application, or movement underneath rather than material/weathering. And they can be clean at low pressure to get rid of all the algae etc.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using a site mix, I'm saying a floated finish is too open to weathering. Maybe certain areas of the country/locations would be ok but certainly not in the South-West - Wales etc. Nothing wrong with site mix, then tyrolean, dashing etc.

Drive around Bristol for the day and pretty much every smooth render you see and there are thousands of them are riddled with cracks. There is a reason for this and it is due to the way water runs over the surface, if the render is over floated when finished you are f**ked.

Haha Clueless, didn't you come on here years ago asking the most basic of questions ? then changed your name numerous times and now go on as if you know it all !!! Make out that you're turning over 100k a year then tell people you're under the vat threshold :confused:

Once S&C is sealed and painted with a decent Sandtex or similar, why should water running over the surface make it riddled with cracks ?

S&C cracks because the substrate moves, or the wrong ratios used, or an improper curing process, or shi7 sand that's riddled with silt, Basically operator error, nothing to do with the material. Maybe the problem is because you don't know how to do it, you automatically think its shit3.

Haha Clueless, didn't you come on here years ago asking the most basic of questions ? then changed your name numerous times and now go on as if you know it all !!! Make out that you're turning over 100k a year then tell people you're under the vat threshold :confused:

Once S&C is sealed and painted with a decent Sandtex or similar, why should water running over the surface make it riddled with cracks ?

S&C cracks because the substrate moves, or the wrong ratios used, or an improper curing process, or shi7 sand that's riddled with silt, Basically operator error, nothing to do with the material. Maybe the problem is because you don't know how to do it, you automatically think its shit3.

Sandtex what a sh*t paint can't imagine anything worse than a smooth render painted with Sandtex.

Sandtex what a sh*t paint can't imagine anything worse than a smooth render painted with Sandtex.

I remember quite a few years ago you asked some stupid question about rendering and I advised you on the correct way of tackling it. Because you're a thick numpty you ignored my advice and had a pop at me. Thought to myself, this idiots going nowhere, don't ever try to help him again.
Years later, despite changing your name to distance yourself from your ignorance nothing has changed

PMSL have you just been on the painter & decorators forum and asked them if its a good paint or not.

Site mix smooth render with Sandtex lmao...out of all the possibilites you would offer the customer that?

I remember quite a few years ago you asked some stupid question about rendering and I advised you on the correct way of tackling it. Because you're a thick numpty you ignored my advice and had a pop at me. Thought to myself, this idiots going nowhere, don't ever try to help him again.
Years later, despite changing your name to distance yourself from your ignorance nothing has changed

Irish no worries sorry for having a pop I appreciate advice from certain people others I don't give a sh*t. I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

Site mix smooth render with Sandtex lmao...out of all the possibilites you would offer the customer that?

Apology accepted but I would suggest you listen to people that know what they're talking about rather than assuming you know best

I normaly find with machine plastering that lots of smaller jobs are completed in roughly the same time but my labour costs are reduced by not paying another plasterer or labourer.
Always the most effective teams are 1 experienced plasterer and 2 apprentices. bit like the sith
havent sprayed ocr yet only cpi as one stop only sell cpi. do you spray it in two passes on the same day ?

What would you offer ?

Sandtex comes in different grades. Why wouldn't you apply it to S&C render once its sealed ?

'Sealed'...you take this piss out of me but this is a complete joke, you obviously have no clue about modern renders, and the disadvantages of 'sealing' a smooth site mix render, probably the worst option out of anything you could choose.

'Sealed'...you take this piss out of me but this is a complete joke, you obviously have no clue about modern renders, and the disadvantages of 'sealing' a smooth site mix render, probably the worst option out of anything you could choose.

Your not answering the questions mate.

Whats the disadvantages of sealing s&c render ?

Its no different to mistcoating skim, most manufacturers of exterior paint also sell a sealer for the render prior to painting it.

I have been hacking off sand and cement render that is solid and over 70 years old.

Cracks happen. Some are down to the substrate moving but newish cracks can be down to the type of sand used, the weather such as rapid drying, too thin or worse still to thick, slump cracks and over working to the finish.

I like the manufactured s&c as it should have the right grade of sand, correct ratio of s&c, and the right quantity of admixture so no dicky labourer buggering the mixing up. A piece of mind thing.

I have used the same sand, cement and Feb products since the 80's and never had a problem. My merchant listens to his customers and the good local renderers buy off him. It now all depends on what size the job is whether I use conventional or bagged and what man power I have.

Lets also all remember sand and cement is a hard and brittle product. Slightest bit of movement and it is going to snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.