Weber ocr

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweeky

New to the forum folks be kind about to take on a job and the client wants smooth render,any advice on the best products to use would be appreciated.
cheers

If you have a machine you can spray the first 3.if not save your money and use traditional sand & cement as it works out at least half the cost,if not more to use bagged renders and spreading them by hand is a ball ache.
I've heard there is going to be another bagged OCR render on its way on the market so hopefully it will be cheaper than the others.

If you have a machine you can spray the first 3.if not save your money and use traditional sand & cement as it works out at least half the cost,if not more to use bagged renders and spreading them by hand is a ball ache.
I've heard there is going to be another bagged OCR render on its way on the market so hopefully it will be cheaper than the others.

That would be nice

there a pain in arse tbh. cant beat 1 coat job done. cash please

That job was rendaid mesh OCR was it. How many bags

3 hrs isn't bad is it.
On that job I would use the ritmo with a long spray gun with me an my apprentice. Beaded it first day whilst he cut the mesh and masked up and probably boarded the floor with osb. Probably not a full day
Rendaid and mesh next day. I would of got the lad to spray whilst I went behind with the serrated edge and dropped some bags in now and again. Once we got a side on drop back mesh it and maybe a quick blast over it again.
That wouldn't take long few hours for forty odd mts
Next day he could spray all the 40 bags whilst I followed him ruling and dropping a few bags on. All be on in a couple hrs so clean the machine and back in the van and float up. Job done

Heres how I done it.
First day beaded up then I got on the rendaid by hand which I meshed. Then it was left for about a week.
Second day me and spread masked up, sprayed first pass and flattened with a spat. Sprayed second pass when first half was on I ruled and kept on top of the gear going in machine. All on and ruled by 11. No need for me to protect ground as it was having a resin stone coat after me.

just about the same sort of time as me then if u consider ur both plasterers sharing the work. My apprentice is still quite new to the game so he won't be that useful yet, that said I wouldn't have to give him much money from the job either

There's places you can buy it on the net I just don't understand which one u need. The stone has to be very dry then it's mixed up I'd like to give it a go.

Wez there's more there somewhere those 2 fronts are about 25 I reckon

Heres how I done it.
First day beaded up then I got on the rendaid by hand which I meshed. Then it was left for about a week.
Second day me and spread masked up, sprayed first pass and flattened with a spat. Sprayed second pass when first half was on I ruled and kept on top of the gear going in machine. All on and ruled by 11. No need for me to protect ground as it was having a resin stone coat after me.

So you and a spread work together,no lab?
Who loads the machine,(well mixes first then loads material in).does one guy spray and rule?

I normaly find with machine plastering that lots of smaller jobs are completed in roughly the same time but my labour costs are reduced by not paying another plasterer or labourer.
Always the most effective teams are 1 experienced plasterer and 2 apprentices. bit like the sith

Status
Not open for further replies.