van camping

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

This is gonna kill you marra, janes fairly white. Danny however is really white, actually the pale shade of white. Not as white as Lodan at the moment I'd imagine
Danny was definitely still whiter than me when i saw him....a bit taller too ....by about a foot.

I know a few wanted to know what id be doing on the course so thought id let you know what we did in the first week....boarded and skimmed a ceiling, sand and cement floated a small room ruling it and then rubbed it up like external render......skimmed the walls in the room....then we had a day which we had to glue and skim the full room, ceiling and all the walls, no help doing it all ourselves to get us used to having to just get on with it......then did an area of floor screed about 3m by 3m getting shown how to get the levels. Finally did an area of coving showing end caps and how to mitre corners with off angles. Not sure on everything for next week, lots of repeats id imagine but also, artexing, then bonding and skim over artex, overboarding ceilings and putting a curve at the edge of a ceiling....also moving on to larger rooms next week with more angles and windows.

I know a few wanted to know what id be doing on the course so thought id let you know what we did in the first week....boarded and skimmed a ceiling, sand and cement floated a small room ruling it and then rubbed it up like external render......skimmed the walls in the room....then we had a day which we had to glue and skim the full room, ceiling and all the walls, no help doing it all ourselves to get us used to having to just get on with it......then did an area of floor screed about 3m by 3m getting shown how to get the levels. Finally did an area of coving showing end caps and how to mitre corners with off angles. Not sure on everything for next week, lots of repeats id imagine but also, artexing, then bonding and skim over artex, overboarding ceilings and putting a curve at the edge of a ceiling....also moving on to larger rooms next week with more angles and windows.
Are You enjoying it so far?

Good Good :D

Termperature is up from -3 last night to a gloriously warm +3 tonight.....thank f**k.....all next week is between 4-6 degrees at night so think I managed the cold snap.....on a plus note managed a 16sqm set today.....all 3 coats over artex.......looked bang on when done even had to do a wet corner (y) although my grip was aching by the end....think I was trying to strangle the handle of my trowel.

Fucking courser!! :mad:

Only joking mate :D

I still got room for a little spoon in the van if you need it.....no funny bussiness or anything but i sleep with a rolling pin in my trouser pocket.....for safety.

was just about to put up a thread looking for Nisus, hows things mate?

I'm ok mate ta (y) you?
just been working in Wales last couple of weeks so no Fucking Internet ffs!
@imago
Fucked off earlier & left me all on my own here :llorando:
So been in pub for couple of hours to get free wifi & of course BEEEER :birra:
Back in the land of Internet tomorrow :bailando:
Local
Pisshead kicked off in the pub earlier was funny as Fuck :LOL:

I'm ok mate ta (y) you?
@imago
Local
You living the high life then, working nationwide, you have to get imago to get you satellite internet, he`s being tight eh?

You living the high life then, working nationwide, you have to get imago to get you satellite internet, he`s being tight eh?

Yeah sort of lol :D
I'm outta here fecking darts team are all talking Welsh ffs might get covered in phlegm or summat :eek:
Nae Internet soon as I walk oot the door :endesacuerdo: :hola:

I'm ok mate ta (y) you?
@imago
Local

I seen that a few weeks ago....young lad blind drunk started shouting at another bloke that he was c**t....then he stormed towards him, so drunk he never even raised his fists....the other chap
just sparked him out with one punch......they still kicked him out though which I tnought was a bit rough because as far ass I could see he didnt provoked the other chap at all.....when the young lad got hius feet back under him he startec puking all over the place....the smack in the face must have upset his belly full of ale.

Yeah sort of lol :D
I'm outta here fecking darts team are all talking Welsh ffs might get covered in phlegm or summat :eek:
Nae Internet soon as I walk oot the door :endesacuerdo: :hola:
as long as you`re not the target you`ll be fine, buy them a sheep, they will accept you like one of their own

Lol nice one @Lodan would say it gets easier but it doesn't. ...

Keep your hands dry that will stop it slipping so won't need to hang o so tight ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BT Broad Band's being installed next Thursday, so no doubt by Friday @Nisus will be suffering from a Zinc deficiency. (y)

I know some people wanted some photo's of training at goldtrowel....me and another chap got let loose on the room in the photo's 5.5m x 5m...had to board ceiling, scrim etc, bond and prep walls as they were uneven due to being previously skimmed as panels, bead around 4 window openings, place a pillar as existing roof timbers were starting to sag...one of them was a loft kind of window going into a slanted roofs. several small pillars and reveals for angle beads etc.
DSCN1414.JPG
DSCN1417.JPG
DSCN1423.JPG
DSCN1433.JPG
DSCN1436.JPG
DSCN1442.JPG

That was Monday, Tuesday moved onto other rooms (smaller but with more intricacies) for the rest of th.e week

Careful how many screws you are putting on! You need to take everything off at the end of the course:loco:

Looks good from here. You'll do well Lodan. You have a certain je ne sais quoi. You mix well. A man for all seasons. I think you'd do well no matter what you did. You're doing a course but you seem to be at ease speaking with anyone, Prince or pauper.
Thanks mate.....a nice reply.....i try not to get phased to easily:)