@TRADING SERVICES

Members online

guess we all know lads in various trades ….

@ traded time with plumber @mate
I buy gear only .
I plaster for him @ add days up

In return his days = Full 4bed central heating @ underfloor heating 2 bathrooms kitchen ,garage heated …

No currency passed hands
Not needing anyone else involved @stealing your hard earned …

Warning can only work with grafters

I buy gear only .

In return his days = Full 4bed central heating @ underfloor heating 2 bathrooms kitchen ,garage heated …

No currency passed hands

It’s a good idea and do it with people I know/trust. As long as it’s a day for a day etc, then no probs. A builder relative of mine did a days work for a sparky. In return he came to do some electrics for him. Was at his house for a couple of hours and fitted 2 skts or something like that then fooked off. Told him that was the equivalent of his day rate with regards what he’d charge customer.

That’s when the problem starts. Either be a gentleman about it, or just pay whoever to do what you need then no issues.

I buy gear only .

No currency passed hands

Cash is king .

Reactions: 000
Tried looking after a plumber I know, he needed his extension rendering 4 easy days, I needed a Rayburn installing, there was no way I could do day for day but I scratch his back and vice versa,

Did his when it was time for mine,
I needed a heat leak rad & 4 standard radiators, and a copper cylinder installing, tried asking me 5k,
got it done elsewhere for a 1k cash.
Trusted him and did a cheap job for him, never again.

Tried looking after a plumber I know, he needed his extension rendering 4 easy days, I needed a Rayburn installing, there was no way I could do day for day but I scratch his back and vice versa,

Did his when it was time for mine,
I needed a heat leak rad & 4 standard radiators, and a copper cylinder installing, tried asking me 5k,
got it done elsewhere for a 1k cash.
Trusted him and did a cheap job for him, never again.
Greed is a horrible thing …
Can only work if you both have a skill the other needs .
@ trade @ equal amount of time .

As an example, my sparky mate rewired my house for me. He owed me about 1k for some refurb work, I’d done for him. I paid for the materials at cost and gave him a hand running cables etc, but more than happy with the exchange as it would have prob cost me 4K plus to get someone in I didn’t know and we fitted it in around our schedules so everyone good.

Then it falls down to day work,
And will only work if you have equal rates.
No you got bumed ;
my scenario @ plumbing bill would of been £15k @ cost me 7k in gear @8days exchange we both work like animals ….

No you got bumed ;
my scenario @ plumbing bill would of been £15k @ cost me 7k in gear @8days exchange we both work like animals ….
No you got bumped,
Working for the same rates as the plumber,
My Bill Neely doubled my plumbers for less time worked, but f***** him off, whilst you and your plumber were at it like animals

No you got bumped,
Working for the same rates as the plumber,
My Bill Neely doubled my plumbers for less time worked, but f***** him off, whilst you and your plumber were at it like animals
You
IMG_0724.jpeg
can not trade time with that attitude . …
The end.

I suppose you have to be specific about whatever the trade is: i.e. what exactly you both expect each other to do. Just trading days can be messy....there's no incentive for anyone to put in their usual shift/effort. So, for instance, if the trade is "skim my 10 x 10 back bedroom, and I'll fit your new fuse box", there's no room for doubt (in theory!).

@ next , trade will be next Tuesday .@ garage doing some mods on van
I skim the office …

I suppose you have to be specific about whatever the trade is: i.e. what exactly you both expect each other to do. Just trading days can be messy....there's no incentive for anyone to put in their usual shift/effort. So, for instance, if the trade is "skim my 10 x 10 back bedroom, and I'll fit your new fuse box", there's no room for doubt (in theory!).

That’s true, but regardless it requires a gentleman’s agreement and I’d like to think it overrides any kind of class system between people in the trades, hence my day I give up is no more valuable than yours etc, when money is taken out of the equation.

That’s true, but regardless it requires a gentleman’s agreement and I’d like to think it overrides any kind of class system between people in the trades, hence my day I give up is no more valuable than yours etc, when money is taken out of the equation.
Agree 100%. And that's a really nice way of looking at it: "I don't care if you're a labourer on £100 a day, whereas I'm a spread who gets over double, we're both equal". Yeah, I really like that philosophy. We in the working class used to stick together a lot more back in the day, that's for sure.