Thistle UniFinish Q&A

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a ceiling I prepared the other day and then over it ,it was lath n plaster the ceiling needed dropping boarding etc but that wasn't profitable for the investors blah blah
Does Danny know or any other how far or near when uni finish will be come more national except for travis etc
With that background I covered thru a load of pva n multi and at the moment u wouldn't hAve trusted the unifinish
So what backgrounds can it cover ?

I've watch the vid when #olican covers 20 odd meters with no such problems

But majority people have had a terrible time with it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 368
This is a ceiling I prepared the other day and then over it ,it was lath n plaster the ceiling needed dropping boarding etc but that wasn't profitable for the investors blah blah
Does Danny know or any other how far or near when uni finish will be come more national except for travis etc
With that background I covered thru a load of pva n multi and at the moment u wouldn't hAve trusted the unifinish
So what backgrounds can it cover ?

I've watch the vid when #olican covers 20 odd meters with no such problems

But majority people have had a terrible time with it!!!

I would have boarded that as well... far far far too risky :)

Its a case of when people ask for it will be supplied... some are saying their local B&Q are stocking uni finish... but my local one does not seem to ever have any multi finish in....

(Continued from top)For property pricks they just see profit and just the outcome to sell the house they aint bothered if it cracks in a few months time

We advise boarding over but people don't always want the cost, we say the risk is yours and that I won't incur cost to do it off my own back ,funny people ask what you think then carry on with the cover over,

I always tell them it costs the same price to over board, it would cost £35 for the gear, to over board that ceiling. you would board it quicker than preping that ceiling so the time waiting for the Pva to dry will eat up the £35 in labour, but you will get a better job, with an extra half hour atleast Fire protection, extra sound protection and guaranteed, always convinces them its a no brainer :)

I always tell them it costs the same price to over board, it would cost £35 for the gear, to over board that ceiling. you would board it quicker than preping that ceiling so the time waiting for the Pva to dry will eat up the £35 in labour, but you will get a better job, with an extra half hour atleast Fire protection, extra sound protection and guaranteed, always convinces them its a no brainer :)

Of course,stripping paper ,uncertainty over paint ,cracks,weakness of substrate
But people are funny.

Why does everyone want a fast set skim, they'll all be moaning that it goes off to quick + cant get as much on, better off just puttin a bit more on with the finish we've already got, if you're standing around waiting for it go off you could of put another wall or two on!

Reactions: gps
Why does everyone want a fast set skim, they'll all be moaning that it goes off to quick + cant get as much on, better off just puttin a bit more on with the finish we've already got, if you're standing around waiting for it go off you could of put another wall or two on!
Mmmm
If you have a small job to do, awkward bits ,etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc e

Yeah suppose can see your point for that but id just put bit of dirty water in if wanted few bits go off quicker. How much faster does the fast set skim go off anyway??
@theclemo should know but we definitely need it, the dirty water thing is too haphazard too amateurish and cow boyish not saying I never have of course but I think it's not the solution we need , I'd like a finish that done in an hour from mix to last trowel without fear of failure or an odd colour

If ur standing around waiting u have the right amount on!!

I'd just like to try the stuff....but no one stocks it in cornwall it appears!!!! Come on British Gypsum, sort it...I was on the phone to your customer support line to express my frustration about this but got apssed about and I had to give up waiting on the phone...had work to do. If I cant get it (and I dont want a whole pallet load) I cant try it :(

Of course,stripping paper ,uncertainty over paint ,cracks,weakness of substrate
But people are funny.
in this particular house I advised them b4 any removal of wallpaper off the ceilings of the state of them save on labour of stripping overboard straightaway

Taking on board with your reply
Today i saw the developers who are funding the project he queried the ceilings the state ,cracking etc after painting ,pushed him into getting 2 reception rooms ceilings boarded downstairs using the terms fire protection and movement of family's upstairs causing problems on said ceilings as u put a no brainer cheers for the help .

Taking on board with your reply
Today i saw the developers who are funding the project he queried the ceilings the state ,cracking etc after painting ,pushed him into getting 2 reception rooms ceilings boarded downstairs using the terms fire protection and movement of family's upstairs causing problems on said ceilings as u put a no brainer cheers for the help .

Nice :)

There is always an angle to spin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.