Thincoat repair, advice please

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olican

Private Member
An elderly neighbour of mine had some work left unfinished by a firm which went under and has been left with this..

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740330.976991.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740366.098564.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740384.876315.jpg

The problem now is finding a product that will match the rest of building, the only thing she knows about the product is that it was S-Ivory . She has been let down and messed around so trying to her a good turn.
Any ideas on a suitable product / source that will work.

The only other info from the firm that did original works is..

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740596.494638.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740611.778950.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446740627.014337.jpg

Any advice or input much appreciated chaps [emoji106]

I'm only viewing it on my phone so bear that in mind but maybe texture it using a tape joint on the existing and see how it looks if it still looks ropey re texture the whole panel into the natural breaks ie internal to internal I can't see it being that big of a job being on a bungalow

It looks like a 1.5mm finish. As the oh mighty mucky 1 says maybe do the panel external angle to internal.

The biggest problem will be colour match.

As the company gone under id say wouldnt matter what manufacturer topcoat you use as there will be no guarentee anymore i guess.

It looks like a 1.5mm finish. As the oh mighty mucky 1 says maybe do the panel external angle to internal.

The biggest problem will be colour match.

As the company gone under id say wouldnt matter what manufacturer topcoat you use as there will be no guarentee anymore i guess.

It is a 1.5mm finish Dan, plan was to go from right internal and finish on the small break above door. Just worried about colour match using different system, I guessing I've got no chance of finding what they used.

It is a 1.5mm finish Dan, plan was to go from right internal and finish on the small break above door. Just worried about colour match using different system, I guessing I've got no chance of finding what they used.

Is there any other properties theyve completed in the area?
Finished jobs may have a manufacturer guarentee with the home owner?

Or ring round manufacturers asking if theyve supplied said company?

Is there any other properties theyve completed in the area?
Finished jobs may have a manufacturer guarentee with the home owner?

Or ring round manufacturers asking if theyve supplied said company?

I was thinking down the same lines, I've been emailing various suppliers trying to find the source. I've never done so much running around for such a small job lol. I feel for the old dear, they left this eyesore on the front of her house then binned her calls. They also skimmed 2walls inside about 15m , charged her £550 and is probably the worst finish I've ever seen. Looks like someone smeared mashed potato up the walls .

I was thinking down the same lines, I've been emailing various suppliers trying to find the source. I've never done so much running around for such a small job lol. I feel for the old dear, they left this eyesore on the front of her house then binned her calls. They also skimmed 2walls inside about 15m , charged her £550 and is probably the worst finish I've ever seen. Looks like someone smeared mashed potato up the walls .

1 word. Cnuts!!!

Think weve been a bit thick here.

Why not scratch bit of basecoat back and look at the mesh. Thats usually branded
but then you have to patch it back up and its tricky dicky with Thin coat..................an easier way would be to put a hole on the inside of the house and check the mesh that way.........................sometimes people can't see the woods for the tree's on here

but then you have to patch it back up and its tricky dicky with Thin coat..................an easier way would be to put a hole on the inside of the house and check the mesh that way.........................sometimes people can't see the woods for the tree's on here
Just put a door where the basecoat is then shall we

An elderly neighbour of mine had some work left unfinished by a firm which went under and has been left with this..

View attachment 7957

View attachment 7958

View attachment 7959

The problem now is finding a product that will match the rest of building, the only thing she knows about the product is that it was S-Ivory . She has been let down and messed around so trying to her a good turn.

View attachment 7960

View attachment 7961

View attachment 7962

View attachment 7957

View attachment 7958

View attachment 7959

View attachment 7960

View attachment 7961

View attachment 7962

View attachment 7957

View attachment 7958

View attachment 7959

View attachment 7960

View attachment 7961

View attachment 7962

Hi mate.
Just looked at this and I did a bit of work for this con man, I only know his first name as Dom, if you ring Paul at sas they know him.
All the work I did for him was for old people he would go in like a window sales man for hours to try and sell the system, I did one in Plymouth and when the woman came out with the tea she said this may be your last one as when she's paid for the rendering she will have no money left, he charged her 7500k for about 60m on a bungalow. He's a complete w**k*r.
It looks like pro rend ivory to me. Hope it helps

Hi mate.
Just looked at this and I did a bit of work for this con man, I only know his first name as Dom, if you ring Paul at sas they know him.
All the work I did for him was for old people he would go in like a window sales man for hours to try and sell the system, I did one in Plymouth and when the woman came out with the tea she said this may be your last one as when she's paid for the rendering she will have no money left, he charged her 7500k for about 60m on a bungalow. He's a complete w**k*r.
It looks like pro rend ivory to me. Hope it helps

Hi Butler, it was pro rend Ivory and Paul at sas did help us out. They are very familiar with the firm. Robbing bastards

Get SAS to send you a sample. Nice gear ProRend.

There are some companies that can match a sample with a magic eye. SAS though to me seems a bit finer than your usual 1.5mm more like 1.2-1.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.