the best through coloured render suitable for new blockwork on new build.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question, so you put it on the day before(micro) and then float the next day, so ideally an extension would be floated in one day?
CAn be coated as soon as touch dry so can be same day. We normally bead and micro then hit it the next day. Once its dry its like working on concrete blocks.

That sounds good.
To clarify u roll it on block or brick prior to render, kills the suction aswel?

Can it be used internal before float and set?

Yep its products like this and parinter that makes them the top render manufacturer imho. Plus I like there monorex gf and there 1mm acrylic in their bomb proof tubs.

That sounds good.
To clarify u roll it on block or brick prior to render, kills the suction aswel?

Can it be used internal before float and set?

Yep kills suction and creates bond.

I have yet to float and set over it but it would work sweet.

all the new build sites or big commercial buildings have 7nm bloock and are from cavity construction all followed a spec all with a measured u value.

cant see why the domestic builders have to use breeze to gain a decent u value. were doing a private now with cavity wall using 7nm concrete block that has a cavity insulation

We get it for 33 or 38 plus the vat and I think a tub does 100m2. It's rolls on easy enough but we smash it on with the skim setup on the Ritmo. I'm gonna try it through our airless sprayer as well as it spray is much neater and controllable.

It's totally reversed by dislike for celcon jobs. We are also using it internally for re skims.

Beddy and Nick were right its the way forward.

Anyone know what its made of?

What airless sprayer have you got? Wonder if mine will spray it without the filters in.

as a new forum member, i am looking for advice on the best way to colour render the outside of a newly built detached house. I have only done a small amount of momocouche render a few years ago, so dont have good knowledge of the best products and how much they cost. I have always done sand and cement render in the past. My customer wants a cream/white colured render. There is about 200m2 in total and there are a few expansion joints to work to. it is built of standard breeze blocks, with one or two concrete commons here and there and concrete lintels over door and window openings.

can anyone recommend a product, procedure? any idea on what the product costs?
thanks.
Jon.

Hi JB as several others have said look at the Parex gear as it sounds perfect for this project.

As you're used to using sand and cement Parex Monorex GF would suit you perfectly as you can use it exactly like S&C, two separate coats with the first allowed to cure before applying the top coat.
We've done some like this over Celcons/Thermalite blocks and it comes out lovely.
Coat blocks with Microgobetis then apply first coat of Monorex GF with mesh pushed in and a drag finish just like you would with S&C.
Then a few days later top of with another thinner coat of Monorex GF, rub up with plastic float and finish with a sponge.

Heard they are calling it Andy ;)

Of course I'd buy one stick in in the unit and carry on doing 'it' manually lol

all the new build sites or big commercial buildings have 7nm bloock and are from cavity construction all followed a spec all with a measured u value.

cant see why the domestic builders have to use breeze to gain a decent u value. were doing a private now with cavity wall using 7nm concrete block that has a cavity insulation

Exactly John pretty much all the jobs we work on use a dense outer skin with a lighter better thermal block internally, the main thing that's been changing over the years is the width of the cavity. My original angle gauges aren't even long enough to use on new builds now.

What airless sprayer have you got? Wonder if mine will spray it without the filters in.

Airlessco sl1500. Ours has no filters as standard as its designed to spray the pre mixed plasters. You think the fine grit would be a issue with the pump unit? Don't want to have to repack it!

It's a Titan 440 paint sprayer. Not designed for anything with an aggregate. I'll look into it but doubt it'll spray micro :-(

Thanks for all the tips lads,...my head is spinning with all these names and products i am not used to hearing. I think i will look into the Parex Monorex GF stuff, i have never heard of it but it sounds like a straight forward procedure. One thing,... we all apply by hand up here, and you all talk about spraying. Is that just for applying the sealer/primer onto the block work or for applying the render??

You can do everything by hand mate. The primer ( Microgob) and the render (monorex gf) Can all be hand applied.

60 metres from a tub at the right coverage rate. about 36 plus the dreaded. just done a full house today

just to add - blockwork all over, scaffold sh1t, plus unfinished works on most walls and no builder on site. same sh1t different day - rant over

Hi guys
house with a sand and cement render already on it any suggestions customer wants k rend or parex i only want to do the job once.
cheers

It certainly does, no need for base coat.
Micro and then mesh between the two passes, jobs a gooden.

Don't you find it a complete ballache messing around with mesh inbetween passes? Surely it's better to get it out the way with a base coat? mesh is closer to wall also.

Don't you find it a complete ballache messing around with mesh inbetween passes? Surely it's better to get it out the way with a base coat? mesh is closer to wall also.
No, have the mesh pre cut and one of the lads trowels and trims it in. We do two passes anyway so no real extra time. Also, I think the mesh is better off in the middle of the render rather than tight to the wall myself.

Hi guys
house with a sand and cement render already on it any suggestions customer wants k rend or parex i only want to do the job once.
cheers

With krend, use hpx base coat, then bed in ya mesh and mechanically fix through old render into masonry then another skim of base coat to cover the fixings mate

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

We get it for 33 or 38 plus the vat and I think a tub does 100m2. It's rolls on easy enough but we smash it on with the skim setup on the Ritmo. I'm gonna try it through our airless sprayer as well as it spray is much neater and controllable.

It's totally reversed by dislike for celcon jobs. We are also using it internally for re skims.

Beddy and Nick were right its the way forward.

Anyone know what its made of?

I can't take credit for it. Nick told me about it. Ive Microd walls or ceilings and been skimming them an hour later

Status
Not open for further replies.